Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bow Ballast 2000 VLX

JoeMalibu7

What is everyone doing for ballast in the bow area of the '00-'04 VLXs.

I just picked up a 2000 Sunsetter VLX. Putting 750 in each V-Drive compartment.

What size sac are you putting in the center ski locker and under the seats in the bow?

What is everyone doing for ballast in the bow area of the '00-'04 VLXs.

I just picked up a 2000 Sunsetter VLX. Putting 750 in each V-Drive compartment.

What size sac are you putting in the center ski locker and under the seats in the bow?

I used the integrated bow sac and plumbed it in so that I could run the hoses to the bag above or below the seats.

Here's my thread with photos on my install on my '01 VLX.

get a Fly High Pro X Series Rear Seat Sac for the center locker, it will hold more than the tube sac meant for center ski lockers. mine fits great in the center locker, and holds more than a tube sac.

get a Fly High Pro X Series Rear Seat Sac for the center locker, it will hold more than the tube sac meant for center ski lockers. mine fits great in the center locker, and holds more than a tube sac.

I don't know about that. My tube sack when full is way too big for the ski locker. It starts the push the hatch all the way open. Now if you mean it's flatter and will expand sideways a bit more than I suppose that may be true. The tube sack is a whole lot easier to take in and out of the locker while making sure it's all unfolded and flat appropriately for even filling.

• 4 weeks later...

Joemalibu, with 750's in the rear (and a center locker sac) your going to want a 750 up front to balance it out. I run a pro-x 750 in the bow across the filler cushion. The integrated bow sac wont give you near enough weight underneath the seats to balance it out (unless your running some decent lead up in the nose too.).

I run twin 440's in the back with factory mls in the middle and a 440 up front in the walkway. When i have them all filled and people in the boat it sits pretty low. Not telling you what to do, but be careful with the 750 up front if thats the way you go. Its gonna be slammed. I would like some pics!!

Omega and Slurpee...

I have both a tube sac and a rear seat sac for my ski locker, how do you guys deal with the 90* fitting on the bottom of the bag for the drain?

My sacks have their drain fitting on the end wall of the bag so that i have a straight disconnect running right to a pump. I don't have this 90 degree fitting on the bottom. Do you possibly have the bags upside down? The second and third ports should be on top.

drain pump is threaded into the lower port on one of the ends, drains the bag 98%, 90 degree on one of the top fittings going to the fill pump

drain pump is threaded into the lower port on one of the ends, drains the bag 98%, 90 degree on one of the top fittings going to the fill pump

That's most likely what I have except, I'm using the fitting on the "top" as my drain on the bottom. So, you have the 90* fitting on the top for fill whereas, I have that fitting on the bottom for drain. My problem is, the hugemungos 90* fitting causes a large "rise" in the bag and it won't drain all the way. What I really need is a custom bag with two fitting on the same end wall since both my drain and fill could go to the end of the bag closest to the fiberglass wall in the ski locker.

ac88926, check this thread for a pic I posted. That day the boat was a little light by about 400lbs of lead.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/message...html?1254919759

When you start running lots of weight the balance becomes very critical of driving and handling. Too much in the nose and it dips when you come off plane...too little and it wont get on plane. Other things to remember when running lots of weight: your likely going to have to be really careful of rollers and they easily swamp the boat (from both front and rear), coming off plane you cannot just drop it into neutral (unless you want that roller coming right back into the boat), and the boat drives like a tank, takes full concentration to drive dubs and anytime there are rollers around. If conditions are right we will generally fill up another sack in the walkway, but that's only in rare circumstances. If you are on a busy lake you will likely want to keep the boat running while switching out riders too. Otherwise rollers could likely swamp the boat as the waterline is usually around the D-cleats in the rear and the bow hook is kissing the water.

Edited by Liquidmx