Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

flightcraft years of production

steelyman

Hi there , I'm new to the site, I'm looking at a used Flightcraft that I am told is a 2000 model, can anyone verify what was the last year that they made this boat ? , also how can I identify it as a 2000 model ? , serial number ? , did they make many changes to this boat over the years ? I am considering buying this boat as a replacment for a J-craft 17' , I would use it mostly for slalom but it would have to fill in as a wakeboard boat too. , thanks for your help , Rick in Otwa Canada.

Hi there , I'm new to the site, I'm looking at a used Flightcraft that I am told is a 2000 model, can anyone verify what was the last year that they made this boat ? , also how can I identify it as a 2000 model ? , serial number ? , did they make many changes to this boat over the years ? I am considering buying this boat as a replacment for a J-craft 17' , I would use it mostly for slalom but it would have to fill in as a wakeboard boat too. , thanks for your help , Rick in Otwa Canada.

This the one you are looking at?

http://store.barefootcentral.com/index.asp...amp;ProdID=1412

I believe 2001 was the last year they were made. I'd jump all over that if I had an extra 16k laying around.

This the one you are looking at?

http://store.barefootcentral.com/index.asp...amp;ProdID=1412

I believe 2001 was the last year they were made. I'd jump all over that if I had an extra 16k laying around.

wow that is a great deal , i have emailed Stacy , this is a much better deal than I am looking at . I just have to get it to Canada cheers

one of the classics.. good luck!

Down here, there probably isnt another malibu that has held its value as well as 99-01 flighties.

wow that is a great deal , i have emailed Stacy , this is a much better deal than I am looking at . I just have to get it to Canada cheers

Yeah, pretty sweet looking ride.

Offer them 14K Thumbup.gif

Down here, there probably isnt another malibu that has held its value as well as 99-01 flighties.

Weren't they originally made down under?

Weren't they originally made down under?

Yep

Yep.. Flightcraft was originally the brand. there were several models that lead up to the 'malibu flightcraft'. These included the 16 and 18ft XL and XLT models, which came in both inboard and outboard options. These are without doubt the aussie classic ski boats which were as good as anything in the world at the time. My understanding is that when malibu australia came to be, flightcraft became/sold out/died to become malibu aus. The early responses and sporties? in the early 90s were actually flightcraft branded boats. the flightcraft that you guys all know was an evolution of the 18XLT, a real barefoot boat.

yep, flightcraft was originally made by Dave Telling, who now owns Wakecraft/

Flightcraft had arguably the best Footn boat, I wanted one but they were small and too purpose built. I had to settle for a SS cause we had small kids but I am happy now.

• 13 years later...

Can you wakeboard behind a 91 flightcraft inboard ? I found one I like but can it put out of a decent wake.. 

Edited by gaius