Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Broken Horn

matt.green164

On my 03 RLX the horn is actually located in the air intakes for the engine. If yours is the same way, there are two black vinyl caps on the dash that go up against the windshield. Unscrew the drivers side one and there it is. I replaced mine with one that goes "OOOHHGGAA" it's halarious

The horn should be inside your dash shroud, you need to remove your gauge pod and it's right behind that.

Two screws in the Malibu emblem on your dash and one Phillips screw right above the center gauge. With those 3 screws out the whole gauge pod slides out for you to access where they have the horn mounted.

Hope this helps

-Paul

Stock horn is useless. Forget about it, but add one of those two pipe truck fog horns. That'll work. Might need another battery, but . . . .

And a on board air compressor Biggrin.gif

-Paul

Stock horn is useless. Forget about it, but add one of those two pipe truck fog horns. That'll work. Might need another battery, but . . . .

And a on board air compressor Biggrin.gif

-Paul

Good catch, and the compressor can also be useful in filling the tubes.

• 7 years later...
On 9/29/2009 at 8:47 AM, Bake's Marine said:

The horn should be inside your dash shroud, you need to remove your gauge pod and it's right behind that.

Two screws in the Malibu emblem on your dash and one Phillips screw right above the center gauge. With those 3 screws out the whole gauge pod slides out for you to access where they have the horn mounted.

Hope this helps

-Paul

Thanks for this Paul. May be an old post, but golden nonetheless. Saved me a bunch of time fumbling around in spaces I need not go. I could have asked Andrew yesterday when I picked up the new horn, but that would have been way too easy....