Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sad Day): Last trip this year...

VLX04

Anyone else putting the boat up for the rest of the year.... I looked at the 7 day planner, Cry.gif Fall weather begins, RAIN RAIN RAIN.

Ours isn't getting winterized until the 1st part of November. We can get a few great day in October!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MalibuNation

• obski

• Baddog

• VLX04

Just came in from putting a light in the engine box. Weather man said it will go into low to mid 20's tonight. I am hoping to get a ski in before the temp drops like a rock. I just can't give up yet. Cry.gif

MalibuNation

Winterwized/winterwised the boat yesterday and it's put away for a long winter's nap.

Cold wet weekend coming up ... rain starting tonight.

Clear skies, no wind, hard frost this am ... first here.

Edited by MalibuNation

I'm sitting here in San Diego right now with 80 degree temp and lots of sun. It's killing me. I feel like I should be getting out for some boarding or skiing, but instead I'm sitting indoors listening to lots of papers being presented. We did get in early yesterday and spent the day at Sea World and got in a swim this morning. We are also going to go to a Padres game tomorrow night, but still....

Got a great ski in tonight. Air @ 59 when we started drooped to 50 before we quit at 7:20 Water @ 59. Only past one boat three fishermen all in winter parkas.

I hat the season winding down I am skiing better the ever on the new Z7. This ski is outstanding!!!!!!!!!!! Yahoo.gif

Boat is Tucked away,,,Went to winterize the cabin this morning and the garden hose (still in the outside hanger) was frozen solid..Had to warm that up to drain the Hot water tank in the Lake House. What A B!tch!!! It was -7 This morning.. Here We Go...

Serviced and winterized since Sept. 6, sucks but thats life, had a great summer wrapped up 120 hours in 2 months. On our last day of the season we were pretty much bagged did an easy wakeboard and surf then called it a season. Rode every day and had a blast, only regret is we should have bought the boat earlier. Hurry up summer

Got a great ski in tonight. Air @ 59 when we started drooped to 50 before we quit at 7:20 Water @ 59. Only past one boat three fishermen all in winter parkas.

I hat the season winding down I am skiing better the ever on the new Z7. This ski is outstanding!!!!!!!!!!! Yahoo.gif

I'll ski when its snowing, I've done it before. Time is not on my side with all the kids sports and heavy workload though. My boat stays inside a nice heated shop so no need for haste regarding the dreaded winterization (can we use that profanity here). I guess I should be thinking about the dirtbikes instead of the boat this time of year.

Serviced and winterized since Sept. 6, sucks but thats life, had a great summer wrapped up 120 hours in 2 months. On our last day of the season we were pretty much bagged did an easy wakeboard and surf then called it a season. Rode every day and had a blast, only regret is we should have bought the boat earlier. Hurry up summer

Ya I know the feeling...Sold my Sanger in may so I sat out most of the summer, Then Bought the VLX on Labor day weekend and now summer is over ): Did not really get a chance to really enjoy this boat yet.. Oh and good weather does not really happen Here till June or then some. Cry.gif So long winter..........................................................................

New member to the ski club owns a drysuit. Yahoo.gif That's one more person I can call to ski during the winter. Boat sleeps in the garage so no winterization here. The best part is all the power-turning knuckleheads have put their boats away. Clap.gif Shouldn't see a tube until May. Clap.gif

I don't officially winterize any more, just drain the motor between trips. Unfortunately, morning midweek sessions are toast if we want to get to work on time, leaves a weekend session here and there, enough to keep the juices flowing. We've been in a shorty up until now (in the 80's through mid Sept) but the weather dropped about 20 degrees recently, think it's dry suit time!

Packed everything up 3 weeks ago. Boat, lift, kayaks, water trampoline, lawn furniture, everything.

However, the boat is in a heated building, so no winterization other than stabil. Putting a tune-up & fluid/filter change on it soon, and there is talk of some Christmas break boarding & slalom.

59 degree water & 57 degree air temps last night after work. Only the 2nd time I've worn a shorty this fall. We were the only boat on the lake.... was glasssssssss.

Dammer you one bad a$$. I would be so cold I don't think I would know enough to enjoy the outing. At what point do you start dressing for the cold? Crazy.gif

59 degree water & 57 degree air temps last night after work. Only the 2nd time I've worn a shorty this fall. We were the only boat on the lake.... was glasssssssss.

Dammer you one bad a$$. I would be so cold I don't think I would know enough to enjoy the outing. At what point do you start dressing for the cold? Crazy.gif

It really wasn't that bad. I rode in shorts & a rash guard last week in 64 degree water & 70 degree air. Even that was descent.

I probably won't bother with a full wet. Just go straight to a dry suit around 50 degree water.

My drysuit needs a neck seal in it though. I need to get it sent to Wiley's ASAP to get it done.

Ya I know the feeling...Sold my Sanger in may so I sat out most of the summer, Then Bought the VLX on Labor day weekend and now summer is over ): Did not really get a chance to really enjoy this boat yet.. Oh and good weather does not really happen Here till June or then some. Cry.gif So long winter..........................................................................

Get a dry suit and hit up Henry Hagg Lake, Devils Lake, or the Willamette (when it's not full of debris). We've been riding in December before, and used to ride all year round when we had jet skis.

Got in a great Bonus Day of skiing on the Delaware this morning with Spinxt & Raynman. 62/62, Overcast (no sun glare), no other boats, little to no wind, and enough of the course buoys were still in place to make some attempts.

Got in a great Bonus Day of skiing on the Delaware this morning with Spinxt & Raynman. 62/62, Overcast (no sun glare), no other boats, little to no wind, and enough of the course buoys were still in place to make some attempts.

How'd you score in the course? Smile on your face regardless. I still hav emy boat in Budd, send a PM if you want to stop over.

We have been run off the water the last two days by rain. My second run today I had two boats go past just as I was starting. The air has been holding at 51 during the days.

martinarcher

It really wasn't that bad. I rode in shorts & a rash guard last week in 64 degree water & 70 degree air. Even that was descent.

I probably won't bother with a full wet. Just go straight to a dry suit around 50 degree water.

My drysuit needs a neck seal in it though. I need to get it sent to Wiley's ASAP to get it done.

I hear ya! I finally broke down and bought a shorty after last years late fall runs with 50 degree water in trunks it was time to invest! Thumbup.gif

For some reason the 49 degree water we rode in in trunks this spring felt warmer than the 60 degree water today! Why is that! Dontknow.gif I guess I'm more accustomed to winter temps when spring roles around than coming off warm summer weather.

Boy the water was awesome today. We saw one other boat on the water and he was fishing in the no wake zone! Yahoo.gif Man I love glass and no I/O's pulling tubers! Yahoo.gif It was so smooth we even threw the barefoot boom on and did a bit of footing (or I should say we tried again) before we hit the dock. Biggrin.gif