Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sad Day): Last trip this year...

VLX04

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MalibuNation

• obski

• Baddog

• VLX04

Heck no. Not yet. We usually keep getting out until early December, although we don't head out when it is raining. That of course severely limits our days, especially when we have to factor in finding days when we aren't working or traveling.

Hey obski, I noticed you are from Sherwood. Do you Ski in willsonville much?

We keep the boat moored at Charbonneau and ski and board mostly between there and Hebb Park. I've been doing a fair amount of skiing on the course near 10th Street as well this year behind a friend's Ski Nautique.

Edited by obski

We keep the boat moored at Charbonneau and ski and board mostly between there and Hebb Park. I've been doing a fair amount of skiing on the course near 10th Street as well this year behind a friend's Ski Nautique.

Great we spend a fair amount of time there two, It was in my Ski Sanger, I ride Sky Ski.. I have not been behind my VLX yet....Can't wait.. Unfortunatly my kid plays ASA travel fast pitch so we were gone quite a bit this summer. But it's her last year before College so next summer looks great!

Mine came out yesterday. Cry.gif Our lake is still 70 degrees but I'm 2 weeks into a 6 week stint in a cast. Broke my ankle in a slalom ski crash on our houseboat vacation in Aug at Lake Norris. Oh well, I lived to ski another day.

We're T-minus 3 weeks. There are always a few good days in October that are worth keeping the boat in for.

Plus1.gif Right on. We go until they pull the docks on our lake. Should be toward the end of Oct. There's always a half dozen really beautiful lake days in Oct. I always save a couple half day vacations for them. Rockon.gif The leaves are starting to turn and in about three weeks will be gorgeous. Gotta make the most out of fall because it's a long cold winter here in PA. Cry.gif

Great we spend a fair amount of time there two, It was in my Ski Sanger, I ride Sky Ski.. I have not been behind my VLX yet....Can't wait.. Unfortunatly my kid plays ASA travel fast pitch so we were gone quite a bit this summer. But it's her last year before College so next summer looks great!

I'll be looking out for you. I don't see too many foils on the river.

I'm at the end of what you are just starting with the family. My youngest is in her senior year of college. Where will your daughter be going for school next year? My three went to three different schools - Wheaton in IL, George Fox here in Newberg, and the last to Whitworth in Spokane. Each school proved to be a great fit for each of their individual needs and personalities.

I been doing a lot of traveling the last two weeks. Did get some great skiing in last Tuesday and Thursday evenings and a run Friday before hitting the road again. We have had better weather the last three weeks than all summer. I am staying in as long as the nights don't get into hard freeze.

Hopping for Nov. first week.

73 degrees in MI, kids are swimming -- "mc duff" (our springer) and me spent the day on Elizabeth lake - just cruzing and floating and swimming - leafs are still "green" -- that said, schedules and weather "next" weekend might be our last.... :( so much fun, so little time.

I thought i'd get mine out the last few weekends, but something always comes up or the few crew I have have something, I gota get some more friends to add to the crew, so our season is over, it goes i next week for winter service... Cry.gifCry.gifCry.gif

I'll be looking out for you. I don't see too many foils on the river.

I'm at the end of what you are just starting with the family. My youngest is in her senior year of college. Where will your daughter be going for school next year? My three went to three different schools - Wheaton in IL, George Fox here in Newberg, and the last to Whitworth in Spokane. Each school proved to be a great fit for each of their individual needs and personalities.

She got a pretty good ride playing Softball, So I think all that time traveling and missing some great skiing paid off. She will be attending Corban College next fall!! and that should be the last of her summer ball, they don't require them to play in the summer in college, so we will be making up for lost time.

I thought i'd get mine out the last few weekends, but something always comes up or the few crew I have have something, I gota get some more friends to add to the crew, so our season is over, it goes i next week for winter service... Cry.gifCry.gifCry.gif

Ditto ... at least as far as getting some more hardy crews. No one on the lake wanted to ski/board/tube yesterday. I think it will be wetsuit from now on.

I called this am about bringing the boat in this Wed or Sat.

First we never winterize, whoo hoo, gotta keep it ready to go at a moment’s notice. Secondly, it's been 110 here so no better time than now to get out there when everyone else has moved on to other things leaving the lakes empty. We do love our drysuits otherwise winter riding would be nonexistent.

First we never winterize, whoo hoo, gotta keep it ready to go at a moment’s notice. Secondly, it's been 110 here so no better time than now to get out there when everyone else has moved on to other things leaving the lakes empty. We do love our drysuits otherwise winter riding would be nonexistent.

Rub it in Biggrin.gif

Water is getting a little colder here, but still can go without wetsuit - maybe a top in mornings. Weather is supposed to change here with mountain snow Wednesday/Thursday. Season ending trip to Lake Mead coming up and then get boat ready for winter. Overall it was a great season. Made the best upgrade to our boat by taking out the rear hard tanks and installing the 750lb wakemaker system - thanks to everyone who gave me feedback for this upgrade! The wakeboard and surf wake have never been better. Also, bought a SMED wakesurfer and it is the best board I have ever ridden. Just need to add spinner racks this offseason and boat upgrades will be complete.......yeah right!

First we never winterize, whoo hoo, gotta keep it ready to go at a moment's notice. Secondly, it's been 110 here so no better time than now to get out there when everyone else has moved on to other things leaving the lakes empty. We do love our drysuits otherwise winter riding would be nonexistent.

Rub it in Biggrin.gif

Okay, sure.... Whistling.gif

The water is still warm but the days are getting shorter and the nights colder, (for us southern folks anyway). Still holding out for a couple more trips. Saturdays only this time of year due to the school activities. I will probably winterize the Bu in late Oct early Nov and then start the winter upgrades and catch up on the house work we have all ignored.

I never new weeds could grow bigger than trees.