Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Removing dash

Hey all,

I'll be attempting to replace a gauge in the near future and was wondering how I get the dash panel out to replace the gauge. There don't seem to be any obvious screw holding it in, except the two screws holding the Malibu emblem.

Thanks

mike

Hey all,

I'll be attempting to replace a gauge in the near future and was wondering how I get the dash panel out to replace the gauge. There don't seem to be any obvious screw holding it in, except the two screws holding the Malibu emblem.

Thanks

mike

You don't have any screws on the top? And then a couple underneath? I'm not sure how much different your dash is than my cousin's 2001 Sunsetter LXI.

Found a picture of a '04 dash. Should be those 2 screws in the emblem & one directly above the speedo, then the entire black gauge cluster will come out of dash.
Remove the emblem and there is one screw behind it. then look up and there is one screw in the middle going up. the dash should come out easy enough!

Huh, I guess I've never noticed that screw above the speedo. i'll have to look at that again.

I just hope the PP computer is mounted in an obvious spot...too

Found a picture of a '04 dash. Should be those 2 screws in the emblem & one directly above the speedo, then the entire black gauge cluster will come out of dash.
Remove the emblem and there is one screw behind it. then look up and there is one screw in the middle going up. the dash should come out easy enough!

Huh, I guess I've never noticed that screw above the speedo. i'll have to look at that again.

Just recieved notification the package arrived.

Our computer module was under the dash on the walkthru wall. Dash screws as described by liljohn.

Hope it's an easy install and everythings compatible!!

Edited by MN_LSV

Yep, got it! Thanks! We'll find out in a couple hours. Guess I'll bring an assortment of screwdrivers, utility knife, zip ties, and a small socket set to the boat.....besides the gauges and controller, of course.

Just recieved notification the package arrived.

Our computer module was under the dash on the walkthru wall. Dash screws as described by liljohn.

Hope it's an easy install and everythings compatible!!

Yep, got it! Thanks! We'll find out in a couple hours. Guess I'll bring an assortment of screwdrivers, utility knife, zip ties, and a small socket set to the boat.....besides the gauges and controller, of course.

and a few beers! Beer.gif

• 11 years later...

Reviving this post. I’m a new owner of a 2002 Sunscape LSV, and it’s got a Perfect Pass that has a screen that is not showing anything (backlight comes on).  After reading about what sounds like a common problem involving moisture in the gauge, I’m trying to remove the dash to pull the PP gauge.  I removed the two screws in the emblem, and the one above, but it seems to still have a screw underneath the emblem. But the emblem seems stuck to the dash piece (I tried prying it up with no success).  In the older comments, someone described only the three screws, and another described a screw underneath the emblem. I’m assuming the latter is my situation, but any advice on how to get it off?

Edited by mtbhead
8 hours ago, mtbhead said:

Reviving this post. I’m a new owner of a 2002 Sunscape LSV, and it’s got a Perfect Pass that has a screen that is not showing anything (backlight comes on).  After reading about what sounds like a common problem involving moisture in the gauge, I’m trying to remove the dash to pull the PP gauge.  I removed the two screws in the emblem, and the one above, but it seems to still have a screw underneath the emblem. But the emblem seems stuck to the dash piece (I tried prying it up with no success).  In the older comments, someone described only the three screws, and another described a screw underneath the emblem. I’m assuming the latter is my situation, but any advice on how to get it off?

The emblem hasn't been off in 19 years, its just a little stuck on there. Try and wedge a small screwdriver or maybe a utility knife blade under it. Should pop right off.

Thank you Blindsquirel - I figured that, but really needed to double check with someone who could confirm, as I wasn’t sure. I might try using a hairdryer to warm it up, and maybe some soapy water.  

• 1 year later...

following up for completeness: it was just a little stuck from time.  I applied a little extra force, and it popped off (the emblem).  Thanks for advice here!

• Like 1