Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Allow myself to introduce......myself.

stroker-ace

I have been kinda lurking on the site all summer and figured I would just go legit...

I bought this 2006 Response LXi in March and I cannot say enough greatness about it. I have been a Malibu fan for many years, but this is my first one. I was born a car guy and have had way too many turbo/supercharged cars, so I decided to put that hobby away for one that others can enjoy with me. The Response handles like a Porsche, so I guess I am getting the best of both worlds.

This is Black Sunshine

rc61pg.jpg

n4b2v4.jpg

14vqtxe.jpg

97qmv8.jpg

bg4fns.jpg

2po2r9j.jpg

2m6q0eh.jpg

14abxqs.jpg

Edited by stroker-ace

that is a great looking boat. I think the Response is the best looking boat in the Malibu Line-up.

are you going to put a light tint on the glass? and what do you use on water spots?

Edited by Cervelo

Beautiful set up, I haven't seen one like that before. If I would change anything, it'd be moving the registration letters forward and under the rub rail, give 'er a nicer line. Very sweet boat.

... so I decided to put that hobby away for one that others can enjoy with me....

I made the same choice, and haven't looked back. Hard to fit my friends and family in a 2 seat sports car. You won't regret that decision.

Welcome to the site. Thumbup.gif

Can't beat the family sports. We love to have the kids hanging out with us vs. them going to some stranger's.

The all black look is SICK.

Sweet boat!!!

Got stock in Vinegar and Wax.....?? That Texas heat is tough to keep the black boats spot free.

Good idea about the reg. lettering. I have been hesitanat about tinting the windshield for safety reasons, and because nobody does it right (piecing squares of tint tigether). I know one man who is capable of tinting that windshield with one piece and it will be near impossible to get him to sit still long enough to get it done.

The boat came with tribal graphics and I knew that wasn't going to work. If you ever ask yourself "should I remove the graphics?"...the answer is yes.

The boat will burn you in the heat of the day, but it really hasn't been that big of a problem. Nor have water spots. I am pretty good about keeping her wiped down. I also have detailers and paint-guys at work, so she will get two complete details a year...and wet sanding as needed.

There are a lot of things I have thought of doing to make the boat blacker. All of my cars have been black on black, slammed to the ground and stripped clean or murdered. Smooth lines are where it is at...another reason why I like Malibu so much.

The name? I name all of my cars, so it is kind of a tradition for me. I would never put the name on the boat, but I always call my projects something. Black Sunshine is a White Zombie refrence from the early 90s...a song about a black Mustang.

Anyways...you guys will see me around asking stupid questions and posting pics here and there. Thanks for all the compliments. I have seen a lot of nice rigs on this site. I am just glad to finally own my own Malibu.

Good idea about the reg. lettering. I have been hesitanat about tinting the windshield for safety reasons, and because nobody does it right (piecing squares of tint tigether). I know one man who is capable of tinting that windshield with one piece and it will be near impossible to get him to sit still long enough to get it done.

The boat came with tribal graphics and I knew that wasn't going to work. If you ever ask yourself "should I remove the graphics?"...the answer is yes.

The boat will burn you in the heat of the day, but it really hasn't been that big of a problem. Nor have water spots. I am pretty good about keeping her wiped down. I also have detailers and paint-guys at work, so she will get two complete details a year...and wet sanding as needed.

There are a lot of things I have thought of doing to make the boat blacker. All of my cars have been black on black, slammed to the ground and stripped clean or murdered. Smooth lines are where it is at...another reason why I like Malibu so much.

The name? I name all of my cars, so it is kind of a tradition for me. I would never put the name on the boat, but I always call my projects something. Black Sunshine is a White Zombie refrence from the early 90s...a song about a black Mustang.

Anyways...you guys will see me around asking stupid questions and posting pics here and there. Thanks for all the compliments. I have seen a lot of nice rigs on this site. I am just glad to finally own my own Malibu.

Research this before you do it, I agree it would "look sweet" but function and safety should win that battle, some research on this site talked me out of it.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people, but none of those people are on here Whistling.gif:)

Beautiful boat! Do you plan on modifying the engine at all?

I probably wont mod the engine b/c I know how much these lumps cost to repair. Really, I don't know what mods you would do other than intake and exhaust. Do they make a chip or something? I really can't see the advantage of doing heads and cam on a boat. It rips plenty good for me right now.

only upgrade you might consider - filling those racks with some new slingshots- yup they come in black (recoil) and they will definitely take your riding to the next level and put that boat to work.... nicely done

only upgrade you might consider - filling those racks with some new slingshots- yup they come in black (recoil) and they will definitely take your riding to the next level and put that boat to work.... nicely done

Thanks for the props...WTF is a slingshot? Hahaha.

Thanks for the props...WTF is a slingshot? Hahaha.

Slingshot is a wakeboard (and kiteboarding) manufacturer. I ride a Recoil and love it.

Right on. I bought 3 boards, 7 vests, 3 ropes, bumpers and every other pice of gear on my boat (most of it still in new wrapper) from the guy who turned me on to Malibu for $500 when I bought the boat. I am planning on getting some new gear next summer. Everything I have now is left over from when he bought his 2006 LSV.

I have a couple of skates too, because I am an old skater, but havent been using them much.

Hey Stroker,

I heard this song today and thought it would sound good playing in your boat, especailly after seeing your new avatar.

Black Sunshine by White Zombie

That's where I got the name! I never had a black Mustang (but it seems like I have had every other color of Mustang) so the Malibu will have to do.

That album gets much play on my boat. The production quality is top notch and is really tuned for bass. I love metal that booms!