Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LS3 Pictures

SmoothWaterMan

Don't confuse a Response, and the Response LXi you have pictured.

Two completely different animals.

And yes, I'm claiming ownership until someone else does. :)

Peter

Yes, one is a sporty great handling slalom boat. the other is a tank of a slalom boat.

Don't confuse a Response, and the Response LXi you have pictured.

Two completely different animals.

And yes, I'm claiming ownership until someone else does. :)

Peter

Do the revenuers know this?

Revenuers? Nah, I'm to close to town to operate any stills or run any 'shine.

Peter :)

That Boatmate trailer sure looks alot Beefier than the Extremes... Sweet Boat Peter..

No "beefier" than mine. In fact I would say the structural build of it looks nearly identicle to extreme. I agree that's a stout trailer for a small boat.

Edited by 06vlx
  • 12 years later...

Reviving an old thread....anybody know where this boat is?  I'm only aware of 2 Responses outfitted with the LS3 engine.  Is Peter @SmoothWaterMan still around???  Would love to hear updates on this boat or perhaps it's for sale? :biggrin:

Edited by Sethro
On 9/20/2022 at 9:17 PM, Sethro said:

Reviving an old thread....anybody know where this boat is?  I'm only aware of 2 Responses outfitted with the LS3 engine.  Is Peter @SmoothWaterMan still around???  Would love to hear updates on this boat or perhaps it's for sale? :biggrin:

Next time I head down I-87, I'll stop by his shop. Know a lot of his customers too.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Peter was a fantastic dealer and an excellent resource to many on this site over the years.  Shame Malibu did him dirty by pulling support and backing big dealers instead.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, electricjohn said:

His old shop and showroom are now a remodeled detailing shop. No evidence of Peter.

I follow him on social media......he seems to spend most of his time flying now.  I agree with @UWSkier.  He was an awesome resource.  

4 hours ago, Slayer said:

I follow him on social media......he seems to spend most of his time flying now.  I agree with @UWSkier.  He was an awesome resource.  

Is he still in upstate NY? He used to spend a lot of time on my lake. Even ran a ski school there a couple weeks each summer.

11 hours ago, electricjohn said:

Is he still in upstate NY? He used to spend a lot of time on my lake. Even ran a ski school there a couple weeks each summer.

That's a good question.  I think he is, but ICBW.

• 1 month later...

He truly was an awesome resource.  When I had to replace my MMDC years ago, the minimum price I could find one was about $600.  Peter was able to get one for $200 and was pretty animated about how ridiculous the other vendors were for charging such a price.