Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fly High Pro X series sacs...Will they fit

jnewton

I am looking at getting some of the fly high pro x series sacs for my rear compartments. I have a 98 sunsetter vlx but am unsure which ones to get. They have the regular pro x sac that is 750 lbs each and the vdrive sacs that are 400 each. Im unsure that the 750s will be able to fill all the way in the compartments. Does it matter if there is empty space in the bags and will it effect the wake if they aren't full? Any advice? Thanks in advance.

I am looking at getting some of the fly high pro x series sacs for my rear compartments. I have a 98 sunsetter vlx but am unsure which ones to get. They have the regular pro x sac that is 750 lbs each and the vdrive sacs that are 400 each. Im unsure that the 750s will be able to fill all the way in the compartments. Does it matter if there is empty space in the bags and will it effect the wake if they aren't full? Any advice? Thanks in advance.

They will also custom build them for you :-)

www.barefootinternational.com

Call up Mike at B.I. and see if he has any O.E.M. 2nds. I was using 20x28 fat buddies in my rear compartments, and upgraded to the proX sacs this year. I called interested in getting some custom sacs made, and he said they had some 16x30 sacs that he would make a deal on. So I got them cheap. (FWIW, his custom sacs aren't cheap) They are rated @ 300lbs each. And since they're square, they actually work better in the space than the fat buddies. And I love the quick releases. Hope this helps.

It seems like www.barefootinternational.com is down right now. I didn't find the 800#, but here's the alternative (414) 964-3668

The pro-x v-drive sacs (the 400lb'ers) are square too... 750's are too big for your boat, unless you have significant weight in the bow to compensate.

I went from 540's (launchpad's) in the locker to the pro-x 400's, and the weight is much more manageable. You boat will have a hard time plaining with too much 'junk in the trunk'

I am just concerned because I don't have any additional weight in back such as built in tanks. If i can squeeze an extra 100 out of each sac by getting the 750 and not filling it all the way up then i am only doing good. I do have additional weight up front to compensate.

The 750's would be really big (physically as well as weight wise) - All I run in the back of mine are the 400's, and my boat is bigger.

Are you looking for a surf wake or for boarding? Guess I don't know for a fact what everyone runs, but the stock ballast works pretty good too, and it was <200lbs on each side.

I'm just speaking from my experiance - the 540's were big... we nic-named them jabba the sacks - cuz they were so big in the trunks. The boat also handled like crap with that much weight in the back, plus the wedge.

If you don't have a wedge, then maybe it'd be ok

I have a set of 750 x's in my trunks and only use them for surfing. I also have the stock tanks. I was thinking of taking out my tanks and only running the sacks but then I don't need my wake that huge for boarding. I did measure the trunk area and found the 750's will fit, but will also take up ALL your space.

If it were me and I had no hard tanks and wedge, then I would go with the 750's. Also if your looking to surf. One thing you can do if your boat has a hard time pulling out of the hole, is just don't fill the sacks all the way up. Plus then your not over filling the sacks.

If one were to replace their hard tanks with sacks would filling them equally be a concern when filling less than full? Is it easy to get close enough? I have no experience with anything but my hard tanks and as they are only 200 lbs each, when I fill them, I fill them all the way. Trying to go halfway would be nearly impossible because they are coated with carpet and therefore can't judge how full they are.