Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

RIP WakesideRides.com / Malibuboatowners.com

spencer

Just an FYI for people trying to access WSR. I posted this on Wakeworld as well.

When the-house.com bought Wakeside.com earlier this year, I thought it would only be a matter of time before they got tired of trying to maintain and pay for the WakesideRides.com boaters forum. Looks like it has been taken down. I hope they are redesigning it, but I doubt it is high on their list of things to do. Although the BuCrew website supports the Malibu community more than anyone else on the internet, WSR was an awesome resource for every owner of Wake and WaterSki boats.

The Admins here have had several discussions about wanting the MBO threads and articles from before it was sold to WSR. Not sure they could even be added to our archives now though. There is a vast amount of info there contributed by our members here before we started TMC.

RIP MBO

A lot of good information will be lost from the old MBO not to mention some classic banter.

Bummer. I was just on there the other day too. :(

The songs between me and Rutat are gone forever... Cry.gif

A lot of good information will be lost from the old MBO not to mention some classic banter.

Bummer. I was just on there the other day too. :(

The songs between me and Rutat are gone forever... Cry.gif

He ever surface anywhere?

I wish we could roll the old MBO forum database in to ours here. I don't know if that's possible or likely, but there is so much good info for owners of late model Malibus over there...

That would be cool!!!

Whistling.gif

I wish we could roll the old MBO forum database in to ours here. I don't know if that's possible or likely, but there is so much good info for owners of late model Malibus over there...

New & old info there. MBO started in '01 IIRC and there was a lot of info on the earlier years of Malibu, not counting all the reference articles.

IIRC 2001 is when I joined, 2 years before I bought my 2003. Certainly the old site influenced me into buying the Bu I have ... almost bought a Crownline.

Once this site came up I really didn't visit the old site much ... only so much time to spend on the Internet. Actually when I got the email about TMC after the changes at MBO I was wary about TMC but it turned out fantastic Biggrin.gif

IIRC 2001 is when I joined, 2 years before I bought my 2003. Certainly the old site influenced me into buying the Bu I have ... almost bought a Crownline.

Once this site came up I really didn't visit the old site much ... only so much time to spend on the Internet. Actually when I got the email about TMC after the changes at MBO I was wary about TMC but it turned out fantastic Biggrin.gif

What were you wary about? The lack of advertising? The missing young bucks crowing over the pics of their beter-than-everyone-else's boats??

New & old info there. MBO started in '01 IIRC and there was a lot of info on the earlier years of Malibu, not counting all the reference articles.

Before MBO we had Yahoo Groups, then Jason and I decided to start a dedicated forum hence MBO. MBO did start in '01.

The missing young bucks crowing over the pics of their beter-than-everyone-else's boats??

That whole "rate your ride", or whatever they called it, was such a "little man with a small penxx" thing. I think I literally only went on the site to find members and send PM's to them about TMC. Biggrin.gif Had to build the member base. Thumbup.gif

What were you wary about? The lack of advertising? The missing young bucks crowing over the pics of their beter-than-everyone-else's boats??

It was an email outta the blue and I knew nothing of TMC.