Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First trip with my new 2010 23 LSV

scottserena

It is our first trip out with the new boat. And what a great time we are having. I am posting this from our lake house in Lake Havasu, AZ.

Coming from a 10 year old Malibu the difference is night and day. The new boat handles the chop like a champ! Wake is unbelievable!

Although I feel like a need a PHD in understanding all the electronics (ballast, mux, malivu, stereo).

A few little issues. Right ballast tank always shows full, even when it is not. Stereo is not working 100%, rear stereo remote does not work, and the controls on the dash for the stereo do not work as well. The only way to control the stereo is thru the malivu.

Love the new tower, and the new racks are really nice! We had a custom made bimini top made from Skylon, it is 8 1/2' long! Covers most the main cabin. When it is 117 degrees in Havasu you better be in the water or under the bimini or you will melt.

All in all, I am super impressed with the boat. post-10230-1253409298_thumb.jpg

It is our first trip out with the new boat. And what a great time we are having. I am posting this from our lake house in Lake Havasu, AZ.

Coming from a 10 year old Malibu the difference is night and day. The new boat handles the chop like a champ! Wake is unbelievable!

Although I feel like a need a PHD in understanding all the electronics (ballast, mux, malivu, stereo).

A few little issues. Right ballast tank always shows full, even when it is not. Stereo is not working 100%, rear stereo remote does not work, and the controls on the dash for the stereo do not work as well. The only way to control the stereo is thru the malivu.

Love the new tower, and the new racks are really nice! We had a custom made bimini top made from Skylon, it is 8 1/2' long! Covers most the main cabin. When it is 117 degrees in Havasu you better be in the water or under the bimini or you will melt.

Nice congrats and glad you love the boat. On the black box check to make sure your remotes are plugged in. There is two ports (din plug ins) on the black box for remotes. If they are plugged in unplug them and plug them back in. They will be the far left plugs ontop of the box.

Thanks we did that a the dealer and no go!. I can get the one on the dash to work for a little while by unplugging it then plugging iy back in. But after a little while it locks up the whole system

Nice congrats and glad you love the boat. On the black box check to make sure your remotes are plugged in. There is two ports (din plug ins) on the black box for remotes. If they are plugged in unplug them and plug them back in. They will be the far left plugs ontop of the box.

No it doesn't.

But it can get caught on the tower racks when I turn to pick up a rider

Does the rope rub on that monster bimini?

Ballast was 100% filled on the passenger side. Having trouble with the driver side ballast tank, doesn't seem to fill as the gauge says it is 100% even when empty

It was also very choppy

More:post-10230-1253409944_thumb.jpg

wow that water looks horrible... a little more weight on the passenger side and your wake will be looking good!!

No it doesn't.

But it can get caught on the tower racks when I turn to pick up a rider

Does the rope rub on that monster bimini?

yes, on mine unfortunately it does, especially when you wakesurf - the angle of the rope is different then!

Edited by chrisVLX

Looks like we have a few things in common.

I am in calif, own a home in havasu and bought my boat from the dealer in Temecula. (i'm in temcula).

I also have a 23LSV with some orange ! From your pics it looks like you bought yours from the same place.

oh, and now I am having stereo problems !!

are you a brother I didn't know about??

mal1.jpg

I am in calif, own a home in havasu and bought my boat from the dealer in Temecula. (i'm in temcula).

I also have a 23LSV with some orange ! From your pics it looks like you bought yours from the same place.

mal1.jpg

Twin sons from different mothers??

YEah we went to different high schools together.

Yes I bought mine from Chris over at Paradise.

I also pull mine with a Denali.

We have a place at the Islander in Havasu, so if you ever in town and need to use our boat ramp (instead of the public ramps) let me know.

Stereo problems seem like a common theme with the JBL black box

mal1.jpg