Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LETS SEE YOUR RIGS!

josh_tn

I am excited about my new 2008 Ford F-250 Lariat Twin Turbo diesel. This vehicle only has 82,000 miles and is super clean inside and out.

20190302_171520.jpg

20190302_171448.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jjackkrash said:

Wow, that's a lot of boat for that tow rig.  

What do you mean? It has a 5k tow package...:beer:

Edited by BlindSquirrel
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, jjackkrash said:

Boat and trailer are (fuelled up) 3100kg/ 6834 lbs .Car can handle 3500 kg (7716 lbs). So easy doing 60 mph on high way. Sorento  has permanent 4 wheel drive. Trailering is a piece of cake on slope etc. :-) and cheap haha second hand 6000€! Mileage on average 15 mpg

11 hours ago, jjackkrash said:

Not as much as you would think.  We used to tow one of our other boats with my wifes old 2003 Sorrento.  Body on frame construction, big brakes, real transfercase and pulled better than a lot of the larger SUV's

• Like 2
4 hours ago, oldjeep said:

Not as much as you would think.  We used to tow one of our other boats with my wifes old 2003 Sorrento.  Body on frame construction, big brakes, real transfercase and pulled better than a lot of the larger SUV's

Body on frame and big brakes helps, but that's still a lot of boat.  At least here in the states the 08s had a 5k tow rating.   Maybe they beefed up the tow rating for the version sold on the other side of the pond.  

12 hours ago, wakefrankNL said:

Car can handle 3500 kg (7716 lbs). 

Is this a beefed up version for the Euro market?  That's way more than the 08s were rated for in the states/  

12 minutes ago, jjackkrash said:

Body on frame and big brakes helps, but that's still a lot of boat.  At least here in the states the 08s had a 5k tow rating.   Maybe they beefed up the tow rating for the version sold on the other side of the pond.  

Funny thing is that the European ones had the same engine, trans, etc.  I'd tow with on older sorrento before using a cayenne, explorer or other modern toy suv.   Boat we had at the time was around 4500 on the trailer. 

Edited by oldjeep
1 hour ago, jjackkrash said:

Is this a beefed up version for the Euro market?  That's way more than the 08s were rated for in the states/  

i have no idea haha close to 275 🐎  and enough torque about 300Nm.

does the job! That is what counts. Girlfriend commutes to work in ist as well. I do that in 2018 Volvo V90

11 hours ago, bbattiste247 said:

Nice boat, but you could've had a 23 for about the same price. LOL

You could have had many things for the same price bro. So what?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

You could have had many things for the same price bro. So what?

No worries, Bart and I were trying to work out a deal on his boat and I went another direction on a smaller boat that looks almost identical to his. I actually spent quite a bit less than his on a boat that only has 21 hours on it.

Edited by achimbos

Haven't got a chance to tow with her yet (got her last fall) and with our current weather, the trend looks like it wants to continue:

20190113-122934.jpg

Here she is before the wheel upgrade:

20181021-113518-HDR.jpg

'18 Sierra SLT Premium Plus, Crew Cab, Short bed, sunroof, Z71, 6.2L motor.

2 minutes ago, Nitrousbird said:

Haven't got a chance to tow with her yet (got her last fall) and with our current weather, the trend looks like it wants to continue:

20190113-122934.jpg

Here she is before the wheel upgrade:

20181021-113518-HDR.jpg

'18 Sierra SLT Premium Plus, Crew Cab, Short bed, sunroof, Z71, 6.2L motor.

Same truck (same color too). I went from a 15 SLE. I was pretty pissed when I found out I bought a truck that had “hub caps” aka chrome clad wheels (same as yours in the second pic) . Apparently lots of the manufacturers are moving that way, but I’m still pissed. The SLE had pretty good looking wheels without the hubcaps. I’m upgrading the first time I get new rubber. 

The denali wheels look great and I think they hold up pretty good too. 

Just now, rakr said:

Same truck (same color too). I went from a 15 SLE. I was pretty pissed when I found out I bought a truck that had “hub caps” aka chrome clad wheels (same as yours in the second pic) . Apparently lots of the manufacturers are moving that way, but I’m still pissed. The SLE had pretty good looking wheels without the hubcaps. I’m upgrading the first time I get new rubber. 

Uhhh...those aren't hubcaps.  Those are 20" alloy wheels in chrome.  The 22's are not Denali specific (hell, 20" was standard on the Denali unless you got the Ultimate package).  Unfortunately, to get 22's from the factory on a SLT, you had to go with a base SLT, as a Premium or Premium Plus package locked you in to the 20" wheels (and All-Terrain locked you into those wheels as well).  The dealer upgrade charge was insanity so I went the route of getting these after the fact.  I don't believe these wheels with the black inserts were ever available on a Denali; they came off of a High Country Silverado.  

I have also done some other upgrades - GM all weather mats, GM PP exhaust tip, Denali gauge cluster swap (not cheap but totally worth it), Undercover Ultra Flex bed cover, UPR catch can, GM Synthesis interior kit to get rid of that awful wood grain.  Still plan to eventually do a 2.5" drop in the back, add airbags with an auto-leveling compressor and a Denali grill.  Once she nears the warranty being up, then she will get a flex fuel sensor and proper E85 tune.  B&W 5" drop hit is ordered and will be here on Tuesday. :)  

18 minutes ago, Nitrousbird said:

Uhhh...those aren't hubcaps.  Those are 20" alloy wheels in chrome.  The 22's are not Denali specific (hell, 20" was standard on the Denali unless you got the Ultimate package).  Unfortunately, to get 22's from the factory on a SLT, you had to go with a base SLT, as a Premium or Premium Plus package locked you in to the 20" wheels (and All-Terrain locked you into those wheels as well).  The dealer upgrade charge was insanity so I went the route of getting these after the fact.  I don't believe these wheels with the black inserts were ever available on a Denali; they came off of a High Country Silverado.  

I have also done some other upgrades - GM all weather mats, GM PP exhaust tip, Denali gauge cluster swap (not cheap but totally worth it), Undercover Ultra Flex bed cover, UPR catch can, GM Synthesis interior kit to get rid of that awful wood grain.  Still plan to eventually do a 2.5" drop in the back, add airbags with an auto-leveling compressor and a Denali grill.  Once she nears the warranty being up, then she will get a flex fuel sensor and proper E85 tune.  B&W 5" drop hit is ordered and will be here on Tuesday. :)  

Those looked like the Denali wheel upon initial inspection.  I thinking of going darker when I swap.  

Also the wheels you had and I have, they have an ABS cover that is chrome plated. Apparently the chrome lasts longer on ABS vs a metal. 

If you look closely in my pic you can see that there is a “cap” on the wheel. It’s chromed plastic...

Regardless, great looking truck! 

E870A2D2-FD8D-410A-AB49-36D4EBCAA2C9.jpeg

48 minutes ago, rakr said:

I hit a pothole in my Denali and had to replace one of the rims. The tires are a little more low profile and the pothole bent the aluminum rim.  22” rim was not cheap to replace. Believe it or not the tire was fine.  Since the rim bent the tire could not hold air.  Unfortunately you can’t really fix an aluminum rim.