Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LETS SEE YOUR RIGS!

josh_tn

1 hour ago, Stevo said:

Doggy, what’s your review on the rock tamers??

Do you leave them on full time? 

I leave them on during boating season with the hitch.  Been running for many years... no more rock chips on the hull since I've been running them.  I did somehow still take a rock to the windshield a couple of years ago tho.

My current tires are pretty baldish, but when running newer AT tires they tend to fling a lot of small pebbles.

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

I had them on the F150.  Not on full time and they worked well.  Buying another for the tremor.

I just replaced the center hub piece.  Way cheaper than buying a whole new set.  The center hub is only $75 vs $380 for a new set.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

I leave them on during boating season with the hitch.  Been running for many years... no more rock chips on the hull since I've been running them.  I did somehow still take a rock to the windshield a couple of years ago tho.

My current tires are pretty baldish, but when running newer AT tires they tend to fling a lot of small pebbles.

When not hooked up to the boat do the interfere with parking sensors?

9 hours ago, Stevo said:

When not hooked up to the boat do the interfere with parking sensors?

No, but I've got the arms folded back somewhat so they are under the bumper.  They can interfere depending on how you adjust it.

3 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

No, but I've got the arms folded back somewhat so they are under the bumper.  They can interfere depending on how you adjust it.

I ordered mine tonight, gotta long haul coming up and want it dialed before the trip

7 hours ago, Stevo said:

I ordered mine tonight, gotta long haul coming up and want it dialed before the trip

My current setup. My flaps have been cut down a bit from being mounted on my F-150 last.   You can see what I mean about them being mounted under the parking sensors  D38E66C1-5575-4FF3-96D8-6E7F9AAE816B.thumb.jpeg.c2bc2c23353de559a72bcd14d54041f4.jpegC1DF52A8-A42A-4C23-AE74-87F79040AA96.thumb.jpeg.86d3e3cde937e10beaa5745b27797c15.jpeg

• Like 2
On 7/15/2022 at 3:52 PM, Stevo said:

I’m showing 21,000

strange that 5/16 additional diameter ball more than doubles the rating. Especially when the balls are on the same spindle 

I’d contact B&W, and see what they recommend 

63AB1A70-9280-4AE2-9CC5-1CE7A4B55134.png

B&W said:  

"...Good morning,  Thank you for your inquiry.  That is correct the 2" ball on all Tow & Stow hitches is rated at 7500 lbs. You might check in to changing out the coupler on your boat to a 2 5/16" coupler to be towed with the larger ball. Please let me know if you have any additional questions..."

As stated before I have a 2" coupler on my M220 even though it weighs the same as a 25LSV.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, wakesonthesnake said:

If his exhaust tip was a little bigger this would have never happened.  They really help a bunch.

Even better than that would have been if he had two of them running out the bed of his truck right behind the cab like a semi truck.  I always shake my head when I see trucks like that.  First thing that comes to my mind is "you might be a redneck if..."

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...