Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LETS SEE YOUR RIGS!

josh_tn

2 hours ago, oldjeep said:

Out of curiosity, what is the rating on that receiver? 

If it is this one then you are way overloading it with an LSV

Class 3 - 5K, max 500lb tongue weight

https://www.etrailer.com/Ball-Mounts/Brophy/BM10.html?feed=npn&gclid=CjwKCAjw8uLcBRACEiwAaL6MSYxJDZ-0Nxwc1n-PwuayqTCRCvcP6AuRYB88zNCtJkrRcni27dLIrxoCNbgQAvD_BwE

That’s not my actual hitch, just a pic I grabbed for illustration purposes. 

On 9/4/2018 at 4:49 PM, Pnwrider said:

My hitch won’t work with rick tamers. 

I thought u drove a dodge, uncle Rick is reserved for Ford owners...

im welding up my own version of rock tamers this winter. Oddly enough I’m not using a drop hitch I actually have the 2 inch drop flipped for a 2 inch rise. With these new taller trailers I have 3 drop hitches I no longer have a use for 3, and 2- 6 inch .

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2018 at 10:19 AM, BlindSquirrel said:

Picked this up last night. Hope it will be able to tow our 4,300 lb VLX.....:woot:

I'll probably fit in the back seat...

• Like 1

I agree! The room back in the mega cab is awesome. If it only had an ottoman my wife could put her feet up. At 248 inches length ... it’s a tight squeeze in the garage, but fits! Thing drives pretty smooth for a full-size too. Big difference with the coils in the rear instead of leaf springs. Looking forward to getting better than 8 mpg pulling our boat.....Planning a Powell trip next year.

Edited by BlindSquirrel
  • 1 month later...
On 10/11/2018 at 6:58 PM, BlindSquirrel said:

I agree! The room back in the mega cab is awesome. If it only had an ottoman my wife could put her feet up. At 248 inches length ... it’s a tight squeeze in the garage, but fits! Thing drives pretty smooth for a full-size too. Big difference with the coils in the rear instead of leaf springs. Looking forward to getting better than 8 mpg pulling our boat.....Planning a Powell trip next year.

Nice ride. Love that 6.7. I have a 13 with a 200hp tune and I get about 9mpg towing about 11k. So you should be 11+ towing your VLX. Enjoy!

ahopkins22LSV

On the way to winter storage. Fueled up my truck earlier in the day and noticed 89 was pretty good price at 2.60 to I filled the boat up too. Also got it waxed, interior cleaned and conditioned. Will be nice to just pull it out of storage and go!

609CD2E3-87C0-44ED-877B-89B2CF35844F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...