Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LETS SEE YOUR RIGS!

josh_tn

Just finished the trip from Calgary to St Ives in the Shuswap and back. Over 1,200 kms total and a few mountain passes in excess of 5,000 ft. 

The Cayenne was amazing and solid the entire drive. It was fun passing people in full size trucks towing similar sized boats, I go a few "What the heck" kind of looks from people as this mid size suv pulls past haha

38747381_913728995477219_311482493721116

Edited by asp13
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, asp13 said:

Just finished the trip from Calgary to St Ives in the Shuswap and back. Over 1,200 kms total and a few mountain passes in excess of 5,000 ft. 

The Cayenne was amazing and solid the entire drive. It was fun passing people in full size trucks towing similar sized boats, I go a few "What the heck" kind of looks from people as this mid size suv pulls past haha

attachment.php?attachmentid=82926&d=1534

Can't see your pic without logging into some random Canadian site.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 4:24 PM, Jusmud said:

20180408_122943_zpsk9uctxns.jpgThe Landcruiser 200 Series is not as big as some of your F-Trucks/ GMC/Chevy's or Ram's but she pulls the 22 VLX like it wasn't even there:thumbup:

nice set up with the SAHARA 

9 hours ago, Falko said:

You know winter is on the cusp when you see more posts from the boys down under.

Nice looking setup, btw.

A sunny 68 deg F in Victoria (Down Under) today..... starting to heat up just nicely....

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, oldjeep said:

Looks good.  No pads on the guide poles?

Thanks and no, we just have the pic plastic sleeve. I should probably grab two from the dealer though. I’ve never had the pads to be honest though. 

23 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Thanks and no, we just have the pic plastic sleeve. I should probably grab two from the dealer though. I’ve never had the pads to be honest though. 

Only reason i need them is that they will float the pvc up on steep launches so the guides are still useful. Otherwise I doubt that the pads do much, rub rails are plenty tough. 

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, oldjeep said:

Only reason i need them is that they will float the pvc up on steep launches so the guides are still useful. Otherwise I doubt that the pads do much, rub rails are plenty tough. 

Ah gotcha. The pvc on this trailer is cut at the bottom so it still floats up. I’ll take a pic if I remember. I do like the pads of he look as long as they aren’t faded. 

22 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Ah gotcha. The pvc on this trailer is cut at the bottom so it still floats up. I’ll take a pic if I remember. I do like the pads of he look as long as they aren’t faded. 

I removed the caps at the top of the pvc and they don't float up.  The pads would looks rough after a years use.  I have pads somewhere and may throw them on when I go to sell the boat, but they don't provide much value for me.

On 9/8/2018 at 3:24 PM, Cole2001 said:

I have to ask why 

My hitch is similar to the one in the pic below. The arrow pointing to the extra material is the reason I can’t fit rock tamers. Not enough clearance. It’s an easy enough fix, but I found out right before our one long boat trip. No motivation to buy a new drop hitch now that the boat is back in its spot at the marina. 

F6F24858-AB42-4A59-9363-5ADA2229CD8B.jpeg

54 minutes ago, ajive said:

Well, the 23LSV made me move on a new truck.  I was overloading a 2012 Tahoe pretty bad, and while it did surprisingly well with the addition of the biggest damn tranny cooler I could squeeze in there, it was only a matter of time before something bad happened to the truck.

Super happy so far at only 400 miles.  She's a beast.  Can't wait to lay into it once I get fully broken in!

IMG_20180909_120405.jpg

Nice set up,

18 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

My hitch is similar to the one in the pic below. The arrow pointing to the extra material is the reason I can’t fit rock tamers. Not enough clearance. It’s an easy enough fix, but I found out right before our one long boat trip. No motivation to buy a new drop hitch now that the boat is back in its spot at the marina. 

For the record, you can drill another hole a little further back on the hitch. That is what I had to do to make my Rock Tamers work. 

That hitch lives on the back of my RV. I just added Weather Tech mud flaps to my truck and Yukon and don’t worry about the Enkay’s. 

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:25 PM, Pnwrider said:

Out of curiosity, what is the rating on that receiver? 

If it is this one then you are way overloading it with an LSV

Class 3 - 5K, max 500lb tongue weight

https://www.etrailer.com/Ball-Mounts/Brophy/BM10.html?feed=npn&gclid=CjwKCAjw8uLcBRACEiwAaL6MSYxJDZ-0Nxwc1n-PwuayqTCRCvcP6AuRYB88zNCtJkrRcni27dLIrxoCNbgQAvD_BwE

Edited by oldjeep