Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

97 Sunsetter Ballast w/o Wedge

Murphy8166

I have a 1997 Malibu Sunsetter direct drive that I am looking to put ballast in. I use to run 500lbs in the rear, 500lbs on each side of the engine, & 500 in the nose. I have since sold that setup and want a similar amount of weight but fewer sacs.

I was wondering if I could do a Fly High Pro X Fat Seat (1500 lbs) in the rear and along the sides and a Fly High Pro X Rear Seat Bottom (650 lbs) in the ski locker. I have read on this site that the rear seat will fit in the locker.

Probably won't even have to fill the fat seat to the max.

What do you think about this setup for wakeboarding...don't do much surfing.

I have a 1997 Malibu Sunsetter direct drive that I am looking to put ballast in. I use to run 500lbs in the rear, 500lbs on each side of the engine, & 500 in the nose. I have since sold that setup and want a similar amount of weight but fewer sacs.

I was wondering if I could do a Fly High Pro X Fat Seat (1500 lbs) in the rear and along the sides and a Fly High Pro X Rear Seat Bottom (650 lbs) in the ski locker. I have read on this site that the rear seat will fit in the locker.

We use the Fat Seat and love it. Not only is it 1500 lbs, it's a water bed in the back of the boat Thumbup.gif

We use the Fat Seat and love it. Not only is it 1500 lbs, it's a water bed in the back of the boat Thumbup.gif

Thanks Paul, I actually have a 2000gph livewell pump plumbed in the rear of the boat and I am goin to use some Fly High Quick Disconnects to make it real easy. I want to be able to drop the boat in the water and flip a switch. To drain I will just throw a Tsunami pump over the side....old skool.

Thanks Paul, I actually have a 2000gph livewell pump plumbed in the rear of the boat and I am goin to use some Fly High Quick Disconnects to make it real easy. I want to be able to drop the boat in the water and flip a switch. To drain I will just throw a Tsunami pump over the side....old skool.

Check the classifeds, I think someone was selling a fat seat on here. Maybe it sold but worth a try, I want to say it was Martinarcher.

Edit- ah, I see you all ready tried that, sorry, good luck!!

Edited by nemire12

Check the classifeds, I think someone was selling a fat seat on here. Maybe it sold but worth a try, I want to say it was Martinarcher.

Edit- ah, I see you all ready tried that, sorry, good luck!!

I am actually in the process of buying a couple of bags of several malibucrew members.