Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My 7 year old learned how to slalom

euroman

Okay, proud father moment here...

This summer my son was determined to learn how to slalom. We got him some Obrien Junior celebrities, which looked massive, but he had no problem with them. Here's a little video of his exploits...

Cheers,

Yuro

This summer my son was determined to learn how to slalom. We got him some Obrien Junior celebrities, which looked massive, but he had no problem with them. Here's a little video of his exploits...

Cheers,

Yuro

Awesome! Cool video! I know you are very proud....Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Yuro

Awesome! Cool video! I know you are very proud....Thanks for sharing!

Ditto Awesome video proud dad for sure Clap.gifThumbup.gif

Great video...Thats great how he just cranks it outside the wake right away, no standing behind the boat for him Thumbup.gif ... Congrats.

I guess he saw mom and dad do it enough that he figured it was easy... the wake behind the bu, even at 20mph is pretty easy for him too. Now all we need to do is get a course on our lake. We'll work on that next year. Thanks for all the responses! Cheers,

Yuro

I guess he saw mom and dad do it enough that he figured it was easy... and the wake behind the bu, even at 20 mph is pretty easy to get across. Now all we need is a course on our lake. We'll have to work on that next year. Thanks for all the responses! Cheers,

Yuro

Awesome video that you all will treasure for a lifetime Thumbup.gif

My oldest also learned @ 7.

He just turned 16 and he can shred a slalom course,surf and wakeboard all better than I ever dreamed of doing myself.

Enjoy....as this is what boating is all about Yahoo.gif

Scott

That is one of the coolest videos I've ever seen posted on TMC. My wife and I unexpectedly welcomed our baby girl, Lacey, into the world on September 1st. Unfortunately, she was born 12 weeks premature, and is currently in the fight of her life in the NICU. I dream everyday of a moment just like the one portrayed in your video. I'm am confident that she's got the fight to pull through, and I will certainly keep your video in mind as she grows to love watersports just like her mom and I.

Thank you for sharing that special moment with the 'crew' family Rockon.gif

That is one of the coolest videos I've ever seen posted on TMC. My wife and I unexpectedly welcomed our baby girl, Lacey, into the world on September 1st. Unfortunately, she was born 12 weeks premature, and is currently in the fight of her life in the NICU. I dream everyday of a moment just like the one portrayed in your video. I'm am confident that she's got the fight to pull through, and I will certainly keep your video in mind as she grows to love watersports just like her mom and I.

Science and determination is amazing, fight for her 1 battle at a time. Our oldest was an emergency C (pre-eclampsia) 8 weeks early, a little over 3 lbs. Lots of battles for him the first 6 months of life. Here he is on a wakeboard last month at age 10. He's a conerback in football too, and turning into a wonderful young man.

post-8942-1253294148_thumb.jpg

Sorry to hear about the preemy fight. I'll pray for you all.

I am touched that this video has inspired so many people, thanks so much for the responses. Heiko, our son in the video, has a cousin who was also born premature in Calgary AB. He was also 12 weeks early, at just over 3 pounds. He spent the first few months of his life in NICU as well. I'm happy to say that he is 9 years old now, and a happy healthy boy. Although he doesn't water ski or wake board, he did try last summer (unsuccessfully but still fun). I wish you all the best in this difficult time, and my thoughts are with you. Here's to Lacey and her future on the water! Cheers,

Yuro

Plus1.gif

Plus1.gif

Plus1.gifPlus1.gif

Cool video! Hats off to the little guy!! I watched it with my 7 month old daughter on my lap. I can't wait to teach her how to ski.

SpinXT, my thoughts and prayers are with you, your family, and your baby girl. I have faith that she will pull through and you will be the proud Daddy in the video in 7 short years!

God Bless!

Jeff