Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Whats my 02 Malibu LXI worth

reagr

I have a 2002 Malibu Wakesetter LXI 180 hours, Swoop tower, with light bar 4 tower speakers, 4 interior speakers, manual wedge, perfact pass just upgraded, boatmate tan axel trailer, fresh water only, hot and cold shower, pop up cleats, two amps, dual batts and switch. I have been thinking about selling and upgrading to a newer Malibu. Just trying to get an idea of what i could sell it for.

Thanks

Edited by reagr

Sell Now?

If you don't have to sell, don't sell now. This time of year is pretty much reserved for people who are going to get killed trying to get through winter with that boat payment. They look at selling now, or selling in spring...but selling for sure. They calculate $450 per month for the boat payment. 7 months till April when the boat buyers come back out of hibernation. A little over $3,100 in expenses that will only drop principal by about $200 because they took out a 10 or 15 year loan. Plus a couple of hundred to winterize, and storage costs. So they figure they'll drop the price by $3,000 below book to see if they can move it.

You're competing with people who HAVE to sell, and will drop their a$$e$ to move the boat.

If you must though - with the economy the way it is, very high downpayment requirements from banks for loans and the low number of buyers currently in the market - start at book-value minus 25% and see.

Here's an '02 for sale. That should give you a general idea what you could ask for yours.

http://www.paradisesocal.com/paradise_burdette.html

Well it won't help much since that's not an SLXI rather a SLX. Is is me or is the wedge off centenered in pic #4. What you feel it's worth and what the market will bear is usually at different ends of the spectrum at this time. You're probably looking at a range of ~$20-23k. I'd probably Start at something like $24,999 with room to move.

Here's an '02 for sale. That should give you a general idea what you could ask for yours.

Well it won't help much since that's not an SLXI rather a SLX. Is is me or is the wedge off centenered in pic #4. What you feel it's worth and what the market will bear is usually at different ends of the spectrum at this time. You're probably looking at a range of ~$20-23k. I'd probably Start at something like $24,999 with room to move.

You sure about that? I thought LX was walk over bow while LXi was walk-thru bow? That is clearly a walk-thru bow boat. Dontknow.gif

You sure about that? I thought LX was walk over bow while LXi was walk-thru bow? That is clearly a walk-thru bow boat. Dontknow.gif

The boat in the ad is an LX

The boat in the ad is an LX

What is the difference between and Wakesetter LX and Waksetter LXi?

There are some exceptions. First in '02 the SLX, now just the Sunsetter was on the diamond hull' and the fuel capacity of the SLX/Sunsetter/Wakesetter/I-Ride is 41 gallons to the SLXI with only 35 gallons.

Both boats always had walk-thru to the front bow.

SLX/Sunsetter/Wakesetter/I-Ride 93" beam 21' long 2,800lbs

SLXI 93.5" beam 21'8" long 2,900lbs always on the diamond hull

In '03 the Sunsetter moniker was changed to wakesetter then renamed the I-Ride in '05

WSLXI simply was the addition of a tower/edge/and front 500lbs MLS system to a SLXI.