Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

broken arm

ricnvic

My daughter learned to wakeboard this summer and has become pretty good. Well this weekend we were having a family reunion at lake oroville and she was going to show of here wakeboarding skills to her grandma and grandpa, she has been talking about this for weeks. Well she fell last nite and hurt her hand and the wife just called and said that it was broken. I could hear her crying in the back ground and I asked my wife what was up cause she didn't cry that bad last nite when she got hurt, she said that she was upset cause she would be able to wakeboard this weekend Cry.gif Now I feel bad cause I was telling her last nite that she needed to sack up cause it was not broken Cry.gif

post-226-1126656988_thumb.jpg

I'm confused. Did she hurt it boarding, or crash & burn at home? Bummer :(

I know I would be crying if I could not ride. Do it all the time. Not too proud to admit it either :lol:

I'm confused.  Did she hurt it boarding, or crash & burn at home? Bummer :(

I know I would be crying if I could not ride.  Do it all the time.  Not too proud to admit it either :lol:

she hurt it rollerblading, she is so bummed Cry.gif

My boy did that last summer (August '04)....we were going to Bullard's for a birthday camping trip (my 10yo was turning 11) with our family, and some of my boys friends. My wife, my youngest son, and I went up Friday morning, found a spot, set up camp...while the birthday boy went to the skateboard park with his best friend and his best friend's mom. Well, you guessed it, he fell and broke his arm at the skateboard park. Didn't know it was broken though, thought it was just sprained so they all came up to the lake and we camped. He couldn't wakeboard so he had to sit in the boat and watch his buddies and his little bro board all week-end. Cry.gif Took him to the Doc the following Monday and had it X-rayed...broken. :( That ended the summer for him.

My boy did that last summer (August '04)....we were going to Bullard's for a birthday camping trip (my 10yo was turning 11) with our family, and some of my boys friends.  My wife, my youngest son, and I went up Friday morning, found a spot, set up camp...while the birthday boy went to the skateboard park with his best friend and his best friend's mom.  Well, you guessed it, he fell and broke his arm at the skateboard park.  Didn't know it was broken though, thought it was just sprained so they all came up to the lake and we camped.  He couldn't wakeboard so he had to sit in the boat and watch his buddies and his little bro board all week-end. Cry.gif Took him to the Doc the following Monday and had it X-rayed...broken. :( That ended the summer for him.

That really sucks when your a kid, she took it pretty hard. It was such a big deal for her to show her cousins and grandparents what she had learned to do this summer.

That really sucks when your a kid....

Let me tell you, it doesn't suck any less when you're an adult. :lol: May '03 I landed wrong on the wakeboard and blew out my ACL and tore my MCL. Cry.gif Wiped out my whole summer trying to rehab it (slalomed with a brace some), couldn't take time off work for surgery (new job) only to figure out March '04 that it required surgery which blew another summer. Cry.gif

Sometimes life doesn't seem fair....but eventually things come back into perspective and you realize just how good we do have it. :)

Tell her to hang in there....maybe buy her a drysuit to board this winter. Biggrin.gif

Rick,

Sorry for you daughter. I know how kids love to show off to the family all the cool tricks that can do behind the boat.

So you guys still going to the lake this weekend? Might see you up there then. I think we'll be there.

See you later.

Jeff