Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trick skiing

HOskier313

I still trick although not as much as I used to. The big problem is I spend a lot more time driving my kids (which I love doing).

My trick is a mid 80s EP Wingtip. I would love to upgrade to something newer. Maybe next year.

You can only do so much on double trick skis before you get limited.  I can do the side slides, 180's and 360's, and have landed wake 180's, and occasionally a w2w 180.  Because I get bored, I have attempted front rolls on double tricks, and I'm actually landing on my feet.  Biggest problem is, the skis fly off half way into my roll.

I've decided I'd like to take up the challenge of single trick, but am not 100% sure I'll commit to it.  Slalom is still and probably always will be my favorite.  For that reason, I don't want to throw down close to a grand for a trick ski.

You are missing some good tricks you can still learn on two tricks. You can do helicopters (wake 360s) both directions and line tricks where you do a 180 or more and swing your leg over the rope. Once you learn them surface you can learn them wake.

To get a feel for a single trick you can always ask somebody you borrow skis from if you can mount a toe strap on the back. You don't change the position of the front binding. That is how I started out on a single trick.