Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Water Days

kstateskier

I was just think a little while ago that I will be lucky to get on the water 20 days this year total. Back during my college days, I would average 100-130 days a year on the water. Funny thing, is during those collge years I gained about a pass and a half total, I've gained about 2 passes just this year?? :(

Just wondered how many times everyone else will get out.

We started March 6 and hope to go until December. I would say that I have skied 70 days this year. Hope to add another 30 in the next 3 months.

I have been 8 times since 9/2/05.

We got out a few days in Feb and few more in Mar - didn't get going solid til late April but should get to Thanksgiving.

We are out all day both days every weekend and some Wednesdays.

Kind of depends on my schedule, and the days the lake is open. The season is ending at the lake, so that will make a difference. Right now I get 1 day/week for sure, and usually a second, sometimes a third. Should be this way all year.

Got the Bu in Feb, and now have just over 200 hrs.

Got the Bu in Feb, and now have just over 200 hrs.

Wow. We have had our Bu for 3 full seasons now and have put a total of 130 hrs on it. We purchased it with 125 hrs and now has 255 + hrs. The summer was short for us up here in the great Northwest. Good weather didn't descend upon us until the end of July. A couple of good day in May but not many.

This year should see about 6 more days if the weather holds. Campsite closes Oct 10 and the boat will be put in the garage for 5 months. Hope the snow skiing season is better this year.

Hmmm....never even thought about counting the days. Crazy.gif We ski year round and actually do more slalom in the cold weather months as the lake is always glass. Usually two days per week in the winter weather permitting. Of course, last winter we had a stretch where it rained for like 12 days straight so we just went in the rain. Biggrin.gif Gotta get my sets. :)

One winter we were out on the lake, dead calm, a little foggy, freezing cold and it started snowing. Shocking.gif

I've got to be somewhere around 75-80 days so far this year but that's a conservative guess, it could be higher.

I'd love to get out as much as most of you. . .

Combine the short NW season with a jammed family schedule I'm feeling good to be in the ~20day range Cry.gif . . . .

I'd like to see how I can double that next year. Gotta find a way to get on the water more during the work week.

guessing that i'm going to approach 200 days this season. if i have missed 10 days since april fools day it would surprise me. call it a conservative 20 missed days and assume the season ends on halloween(again conservative, we'll ski till the water is hard).

if it isn't raining and i can find a partner; i'm on the water at sunup.

this seasons' weather has been spectacular. lots of the summer was absolutly perfect water in the morning followed by a light afternoon rain. we were green till about 3 weeks ago. now it is looking kind of brownish. less mowing is good.

if the river don't rise and if i can stay healthy...signed,

the old guy

I don't really count the days either. Once or twice a week all summer, from about March till November. Then water gets chilly (60's) and I wimp out. :)

However, my VLX has a heater and hot shower, which I've never had, so I might attempt to go longer this year.

Hours don't go up that fast because we spend a lot of our time hanging out anchored, goofing off. 72 hours since March.

skiing days: had about 5 days in jan/feb then realized that the doc missed part of my injury and had to have a second surgery. finally got back on water skiing again aug 9th. since then, I've gotten in 11 days on the course. far cry from the 80 day pace I was one before I got hurt, but hey I'm skiing! should get in another 12-15 days by end of october.

we probably put another 10-15 days on the boat in may/june/july as part of weekend camping trips/day trips with the kids tubing, skiing, etc.

Edited by Addictedto6
I've got to be somewhere around 75-80 days so far this year but that's a conservative guess, it could be higher.

I don't want guess-work from you. As of January 1, 2006, put a freakin mark on the calendar for every time you ski. Then let us know for sure.

Tease2.gif

I don't want guess-work from you. As of January 1, 2006, put a freakin mark on the calendar for every time you ski. Then let us know for sure.

No.gif Wouldn't want my boss to "accidentally" see it. :lol:

Not sure of exact number- but we should hit close to 80 days this year- got a late start (April 1). Approaching 100 hours at this point in the season, will probably add another 20 before cold & holiday obligations intrude.

No.gif Wouldn't want my boss to "accidentally" see it. :lol:

You mean at home or at work??? Crazy.gif

85 hours this season so far. I don't feel shortchanged this year. The CFO had to do a lot of extra weekend work this year so I did what any supporting husband would do. I got my buddies and went to the lake.

doh :Doh:

knew i should not have spouted off. Mad.gif

between the weather and the great partners i have had an absolutly perfect season. Drool.gif just a handful of breaks because of the weather, family or shortage of available partners. what a treat.

then i went and spouted off about 'if this keeps up'. now i'm sitting here blinking like a frog in a lightning Lightning.gif storm.

Blowup.gif must have jinxed it.

i've only been on the water once since then and it looks like i'll be lucky to fit a set in before the rains hit and hang around this weekend.

Crazy.gif about this sport or just crazy?

guess that's what i get for Guns.gif my mouth off.

My dad and I haven't been able to go behind the boat but once in the last 6 weeks due to varying injuries and we have both pretty much given up on getting to use the boat any more this year except for just crusing around. Plus the fact that I am moving down to school tomorrow means that our season is over Cry.gif Up until the beginning of August we were doing really good on hours, Almost 80 hours on the boat from May to August which is really good considering we have missed out on our two prime months August and September.