Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Depth Finder Q - 07 LSV

Scooter9917

When I went on my lake test after purchasing my boat I noticed 2 things - The depth finder read 0.5 Feet and when I filled my back right ballast it showed it filling the center tank on the MLS Screen. Since I wanted the boat right away and live 100 miles from my dealer I decieded to wait until a service to get these fixed. I made the appointment with the dealer, dropped it off at 9 AM and was finally given the boat back at 5:15 PM with the only thing done was the service. When I asked about the depth finder he told me he was going to order a new module - they didn't even look at it.

So I thought I could live with out the depth finder and the screen, since the lake I run in is over 300 ft. So the other day (1 year and 50 hours later) I fire up the engine and the depth finder works!! I drive around for 20 minutes and it keeps working. But when I shut down the engine to fill my ballast tanks and fire it back up...the depth finder is back to 0.5 feet??

I have read that these finders are weak at best. Can anyone point out which wire I might "wiggle" under the dash or on the unit itself.

Thanks

I had intermittent trouble with mine and just had it replaced.

If it was working, the depth will update regularly.

If it was not working, the depth would stay at the last good value on the dash indicator, but on the view screen, it will flash to indicate an error in the signal.