Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Swampster LX

NorCaliBu

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stewart

• NorCaliBu

• Malibudude

• srud

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok it is time......

Since John came clean it is my turn.  I was/am too embarrassed to have shared this sooner.  Even though this is a hijack maybe it can turn around the name calling and you can all make fun of me!

08/28/05 - Took the week off to go to the lake with Nicholas.  He was off of school that week.  Left my wife and the triplets at home.  Just the boys.  Sunday morning 1st day out launch and head to the area I ski.  400' off of the shore 30 seconds from the launch ramp I see it.  Too late.  Hit the pile off rocks that have been there for years at 30MPH.  The sounds that the Bu makes as you are running it over a pile of rocks should never be heard.  I did manage to pull it back to nutural about a second before impact.  I even thought about a turn but Nick was in the bow.  The look on his face when he turned back to look at me was like 'What the hell did you do to me?". If I had been 10 feet to the left or right would have missed them.  I am in shock and shaking.  I am thinking I can order a prop and have it overnighted by Tuesday.  Jump in the water and discover that I will not be using the boat the rest of the week!  Everything has to be replaced.  YukonJack was there and did not laugh too hard at me.  Decided I could not sit and look at the lake all week so I packed up and went back to work!  Over 5k of damages and still do not know when I will get the boat back.  The buoy marking the rock was taken out by a drunk boater a few weeks back.  There were two other blades from two different props sitting on the rock pile.  The good part is no one was hurt.

Kelly

That wasn't a "Wally" maneuver. Just a dumb accident. Sorry to hear your boat still isn't fixed.

Ok it is time......

Since John came clean it is my turn.  I was/am too embarrassed to have shared this sooner.  Even though this is a hijack maybe it can turn around the name calling and you can all make fun of me!

08/28/05 - Took the week off to go to the lake with Nicholas.  He was off of school that week.  Left my wife and the triplets at home.  Just the boys.  Sunday morning 1st day out launch and head to the area I ski.  400' off of the shore 30 seconds from the launch ramp I see it.  Too late.  Hit the pile off rocks that have been there for years at 30MPH.  The sounds that the Bu makes as you are running it over a pile of rocks should never be heard.  I did manage to pull it back to nutural about a second before impact.  I even thought about a turn but Nick was in the bow.  The look on his face when he turned back to look at me was like 'What the hell did you do to me?". If I had been 10 feet to the left or right would have missed them.  I am in shock and shaking.  I am thinking I can order a prop and have it overnighted by Tuesday.  Jump in the water and discover that I will not be using the boat the rest of the week!  Everything has to be replaced.  YukonJack was there and did not laugh too hard at me.  Decided I could not sit and look at the lake all week so I packed up and went back to work!  Over 5k of damages and still do not know when I will get the boat back.  The buoy marking the rock was taken out by a drunk boater a few weeks back.  There were two other blades from two different props sitting on the rock pile.  The good part is no one was hurt.

Kelly

Sorry to hear, but glad everyone is OK.

If you need a pull out at Vail, let me know.

Greg

Ok it is time......

Kelly

That wasn't a "Wally" maneuver. Just a dumb accident. Sorry to hear your boat still isn't fixed.

Definitely so, & an accident that could happen to any one of us. I was just glad to hear that nobody was hurt. Keep us posted on the boat Kelly.

Ouch, that one hurts.

One of my friends with a new v-ride found a log in the river - he said he never saw it as it was a few inches under water. The shop says it looks like he was chopping wood with the boat. $2,000 in damages.