Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Connect Rearview Camera Maliview

DaleC

Howdy All,

Has anyone tried to hook a rearview camera to the Maliview? Specifically Where is the Video jacks? I know one of them is in the glove box but where is the other one?

Thanks Dale

Howdy All,

Has anyone tried to hook a rearview camera to the Maliview? Specifically Where is the Video jacks? I know one of them is in the glove box but where is the other one?

Thanks Dale

There are 6 inputs on the Blue Medallion box under the dash that is connected to the Malivue. One of them is taken by the input you see in the glove box but that leaves several open connections on the unit. You can hook up a camera to one of those and save the input in your glove box for a video camera, IPOD video etc...

Curious to see which rearview camera you go with.

Edited by 06vlx
Howdy All,

Thanks Dale

There are 6 inputs on the Blue Medallion box under the dash that is connected to the Malivue. One of them is taken by the input you see in the glove box but that leaves several open connections on the unit. You can hook up a camera to one of those and save the input in your glove box for a video camera, IPOD video etc...

Curious to see which rearview camera you go with.

Thanks , I got it hooked up temporary for now to see if it's useful. I bought an small outdoor 6mm Color CMOS 400TVL Camera works on 12VDC ($50.00) and mounted on the tower by the light. I'll probably keep looking for something else. Pretty Cool though!!

Dale

Edited by dalecwilson

On the XS tower that spot under the nav light would be great spot to mount a rearview camera. It already has wires ran there and two screw holes for mounting. I might have to see if I can come up with something cool this winter.

On the XS tower that spot under the nav light would be great spot to mount a rearview camera. It already has wires ran there and two screw holes for mounting. I might have to see if I can come up with something cool this winter.

I've been thinking the same, just trying to figure out how to run the coax inside the tower.

I've been thinking the same, just trying to figure out how to run the coax inside the tower.

I haven't ran the coax in the tower yet I just hooked it up temporary . I don't think I going to leave it hooked up because the screen with the video and the speed banner at the bottom is very hard to read and very dim. The Video 1 screen by its self is OK but I really wanted to be able to see the speed and and cruse at the same time as the camera.

Dale

Edited by dalecwilson