Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Can't figure out how the Flushpro is going to fit. 2007 Malibu VLX

I’m looking for a pic of the FlushPro installed on a Malibu VLX. I took some pictures of what mine looks like below. What I can’t understand is how is the FlushPro going to fit without putting kinks in the original hose, seems to me that I would need to buy a longer hose to make it work. Any help would be much appreciated. Thumbup.gif

DSCN0022.jpg

DSCN0025.jpg

DSCN0027.jpg

Is there a reason that it has to be installed between the raw water intake and the

transmission? Why not on that much longer and straighter port-side hose from the

transmission pass-through to the raw water pump? I mean, if you're running the

engine on the Flush-Pro, I presume that the transmission won't be engaged anyway.

You're really just feeding water to the engine and exhaust manifolds.

Is there a reason that it has to be installed between the raw water intake and the

transmission? Why not on that much longer and straighter port-side hose from the

engine on the Flush-Pro, I presume that the transmission won't be engaged anyway.

Because some use it to winterize and run antifreeze through or flush salt or brackish water out. On my 06 VLX it is mounted on the starboard side flat along floor just after the intake and before the tranny. Sorry no pics.

I am trying to keep from having to crawl under the boat to use the fake-a-lake, but I do not want to bypass anything that would normally be flushed by the fake-a-lake. I run the boat in brackish water so I want to get as much of the salt water out of the system as possible.

We have an 07vlx with the flushpro. I'll try to take some pictures of it this weekend and post them for you so you can see how it is hooked up on ours.

That would be appreciated, the VTX is set up the same way and I would also like to install a FP.

I have a Sunscape, 21. My water pickup is towards the rear of the boat, and it looks like my depth sensor is in the spot where the water pickup is in the VLX.

It made my install pretty straighforward (see pictures in another thread) because the intake hose was running flat across the floor.

Interesting that on similar set-ups the pieces are in different locations.

here it is on our 07VLX. looks like a pretty simple setup.

3917784055_9c45e252d7.jpg

3917779107_9788a187ae.jpg

3917774525_8d4fdafeb5.jpg

hope this helps!

Thanks so much for the pictures. This is perfect and its exactly what I thought....I'm going to need more 1.25" water hose.

I did it!!!!!

Thanks so much for the pictures. I had to order 4 feet of hose to install the Flush Pro on my boat...heres what it ended up looking like:

DSC_0325.jpg

DSC_0321.jpg

DSC_0322-1.jpg

DSC_0342.jpg

I also installed a Anode on the prop shaft:

DSC_0341.jpg

I did it!!!!!

Thanks so much for the pictures. I had to order 4 feet of hose to install the Flush Pro on my boat...heres what it ended up looking like:

DSC_0325.jpg

DSC_0321.jpg

DSC_0322-1.jpg

DSC_0342.jpg

DSC_0341.jpg

That looks familiar ;)

In addition to the prop shaft anode we also had another anode installed on the rudder and on both brackets of the swim platform. The prop shaft anode was the fasted corroding (lasted one season). Keep us posted how your boat holds up in the salt/brackish water. I would be interested to know where you notice the most wear and tear from the salt/brackish water.

I did it!!!!!

DSC_0325.jpg

DSC_0321.jpg

DSC_0322-1.jpg

DSC_0342.jpg

DSC_0341.jpg

That looks familiar ;)

In addition to the prop shaft anode we also had another anode installed on the rudder and on both brackets of the swim platform. The prop shaft anode was the fasted corroding (lasted one season). Keep us posted how your boat holds up in the salt/brackish water. I would be interested to know where you notice the most wear and tear from the salt/brackish water.

If you wouldn't mind, could you snap me a pic of the rudder installed anode and the ones installed on the brackets of the swim platform?

I would greatly appreciate it.

Just wondering.... whats to keep someone from just using standard, off the shelf brass or PVC fittings in that configuration rather than the clear plastic Flush Pro device?

Seems like the valve in the Flush Pro is redundant if the boat already has a valve at the inlet.

Just wondering.... whats to keep someone from just using standard, off the shelf brass or PVC fittings in that configuration rather than the clear plastic Flush Pro device?

Seems like the valve in the Flush Pro is redundant if the boat already has a valve at the inlet.

But in that instance you would have to lift the seat up and reach down to shut the valve off, jump down and start the water, then jump on the boat and start the boat. It just makes it a bit easier. Just hook up the hose in the rear, turn on the water and start the boat.

Heres a topic that was started by people who have done exactly what you are talking about...

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....rt=#entry203737

But in that instance you would have to lift the seat up and reach down to shut the valve off, jump down and start the water, then jump on the boat and start the boat. It just makes it a bit easier. Just hook up the hose in the rear, turn on the water and start the boat.

True. Or just use a valve on the garden hose to turn the water on/off. You'd still have to turn the water on, run the hose in the boat, lift the seat, hook up the hose, close the boat valve, open the hose valve, then start the engine.

I don't ride in brackish or salt so we only do this process a few times a year. So installing the fitting on the side of the boat has little or no appeal for me. Lifting the seat just isn't tough enough to warrant it.

I guess the Flush Pro is clear so you can see anti-freeze flowing into it? The problem we've had is after using it for a couple years in the off season, they crack or get brittle & break, more so in the cold.

True. Or just use a valve on the garden hose to turn the water on/off. You'd still have to turn the water on, run the hose in the boat, lift the seat, hook up the hose, close the boat valve, open the hose valve, then start the engine.

I don't ride in brackish or salt so we only do this process a few times a year. So installing the fitting on the side of the boat has little or no appeal for me. Lifting the seat just isn't tough enough to warrant it.

I guess the Flush Pro is clear so you can see anti-freeze flowing into it? The problem we've had is after using it for a couple years in the off season, they crack or get brittle & break, more so in the cold.

Thats good to know. That wouldn't be good if it cracked on me while I was out on the lake. Boating season in South Texas is pretty much year round so I never need to winterize, but I have to flush out the brackish water every time I take out the boat...so this installation made a lot of sense for me. If I only flushed out the boat a few times a year then I'm with you...why drill a hole in your boat if you don't need to.

Edited by MexTex
Thats good to know. That wouldn't be good if it cracked on me while I was out on the lake. Boating season in South Texas is pretty much year round so I never need to winterize, but I have to flush out the brackish water every time I take out the boat...so this installation made a lot of sense for me. If I only flushed out the boat a few times a year then I'm with you...why drill a hole in your boat if you don't need to.

Yea, I imagine it won't be a huge issue for you riding in Houston.

I had a buddy in Seattle who had the problem because we would ride in November or December when daytime temps were in the 40s or 50s, and it would cool off to the 30s or less in the evening when we would be winterizing the boat (for the 14th time that year). Something about the cold temps, the water, and the plastic getting knocked around on the trans, eventually made it fail.

Might be something I'll try & setup this year to simplify the process a bit. Definitely is a clean & easy install.

I did it!!!!!

DSC_0325.jpg

DSC_0321.jpg

DSC_0322-1.jpg

DSC_0342.jpg

DSC_0341.jpg

That looks familiar ;)

If you wouldn't mind, could you snap me a pic of the rudder installed anode and the ones installed on the brackets of the swim platform?

I would greatly appreciate it.

no problem...

3918615048_ac43e5649e_b.jpg

3917824659_caf61985ed_b.jpg

and no problems with vibrations from the rudder anode or the prop shaft anode.

I started another topic where you can see my boat here