Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surfing Copies Sky Skiing

Malibudude

Pistol Pete said you can get a conversion kit for a skyski but I don't think the foils are conducive to standing.

Waaaaaaaa?

I never said that.

I was looking for Rod R to fab. me up something that would mount my foil to an old wake board. But, the more I thougt about it, the more I realized it wasn't gonna work. I also wasn't game for shelling out all the cake for one of those snow board boot wake foils.

Yeah, check out "Riding Giants" They have a short feature on this too.

Pistol Pete said you can get a conversion kit for a skyski but I don't think the foils are conducive to standing.

That's two wrong posts in one day. Tongue.gif

Waaaaaaaa?

I never said that.

I was looking for Rod R to fab. me up something that would mount my foil to an old wake board. But, the more I thougt about it, the more I realized it wasn't gonna work. I also wasn't game for shelling out all the cake for one of those snow board boot wake foils.

How hard do you think it is to ride on of those?

Here is a video from arouns 2003 with some stand-up foiling behind the boat. The video is mostly sit-down but you get the idea. I've never seen anyone being pulled up on one. There have been some problems with boards staying together.

Foiling Video.

See if you can find the "Around the Boat" trick.

It was me. I admit it. Guilty as charged. I saw it advertised on the sky ski website. You can buy one of the sit down models that has the mountings for the stand up bindings built into it so you can switch it back and forth between sit down and stand up. I was going to post a link to it but the sky ski website is down for maintainance right now.