Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu 23 LSV vs. Nautique 220

SkiingPT

Can't comment on CC but we are thrilled with our 23LSV. We got it for the same reasons, rec skiing, wake boarding, tubing (yes we have young kids) and now also enjoy surfing. Test drive both but the size of the 23LSV wins hands down. Last weekend we entertained two families (7 kids under 12) and everyone got to enjoy watersports plus there was tons of room. I don't think you can beat the interior size/layout... we looked and compared Tige's, Supra's, Centurion's but kept coming back to Malibu. As an added bonus, our dealer, No Wake Marine has been great also.

Where do you boat at? I thinke the owner of No Wake has a place on Norris. If you are going to be that way let me know. I would love to see your boat and get some input. Thanks.

We were just down at Norris over the Labor Day weekend and keep the boat down there. The No Wake crew is usually hanging out on a houseboat at Shanghia. Just noticed your current boat...we went from a Rinker 232 (which was great for the Ohio River and big open water lakes), but are absolutely thrilled with the 23lsv. It is like comparing apples and watermelons. As long as we're actively doing watersports, we'll have a LSV.

One of my friends has the 220 another has the lsv. is there a particular reason your looking at the 220? As someone else stated the 226/230 would be more comparable to a lsv. The 220 is tiny inside compared to lsv and it has an annoying layout. The humps just take up space! Not only that but EVERYTIME I've ridden on the 220 it's taken us about 15-20 mins just to get the wake even bc it's soooo sensitive to weight side to side. I'd go test drive a lsv and a 226/230 and see which one you like better. Not gonna lie, the 230 is a bad a** boat with a lot of room and an AMAZING wake but then again the lsv is too!

I have to agree w/ Sippi. CC makes great boats, but the 220 has to have the worst interior layout of any late model V-drive. Its a very poorly thought out design with seating that is broken up. This may be why the 220 is not shown on the CC website anymore. I love my 23 LSV, but if I were going to get a CC it would have to be the 230. The 230 is more on par w/ the 23LSV.

Had both the 220 and a 23lsv side by side yesterday at the beach comparing. First thing I noticed was the beam. The lsv is 6" wider which may not sound like much but it definitely is. Not only that but another buddy of mine pulled up in his 06 210 and it's a few inches narrower than the 220 but with the interior layout the 210 actually seemed wider! The storage on the lsv is far beyond that of the 220. And honestly, I have a 3 year old (will be 3 next week) and I wouldn't feel as comfortable in the 220 because of how broken up the interior is. It's like the looks of a vdrive, with the interior feel of a direct drive! Only bc if you are sitting behind those humps it feels like you are miles away! That being said the 230 is an amazing boat. So much storage, interior is great, versitile seating and puts out a bad boy wake. But so does the lsv. It's going to come down to brand, what you like in looks how important it is to you to be able to switch around your seats, if your comparing a lsv and 230. If your still deciding between the 220 and lsv, no comparison...lsv hands down.

It's about right. Put a GPS on your boat, you'll be surprised.

GPS'd mine yesterday, terrible conditions but managed 45 mph. I don't think it would be much more even with with butter.

How does the 23 LSV ski? I skied behind a 2004 Sunscape 21 foot LSV a couple weekends ago and thought it was pretty good (36 mph at 15 off). I'm looking at selling my Ski Nautique and moving into a V-Drive boat that keeps the family happy yet produces skiable wakes. I'm not skiing a course, just free-skiing and generally out having fun with the family.

How does the 23 LSV ski? I skied behind a 2004 Sunscape 21 foot LSV a couple weekends ago and thought it was pretty good (36 mph at 15 off). I'm looking at selling my Ski Nautique and moving into a V-Drive boat that keeps the family happy yet produces skiable wakes. I'm not skiing a course, just free-skiing and generally out having fun with the family.

Its OK to good. I try to save the skiing for the few times we have 2-4 aboard and 1/2 tank of gas or less, which isn't very often with the 23lsv's amount of interior space...seems like we always have 8-13. Definitely not doing the course, just free skiing at 32-33, 15' off. It is definitely smaller at 36.

Coming from the I/O side previously, it was a huge improvement for us. Since you're going the other direction, find one to ski behind.

In a perfect world, I will have to ski behind the 23 LSV to make sure. My educated guess is that it will be fine. On the plus side, the 23 will do better in rough chop when cruising around in the middle of the day, which will make the mama happy. When the mama is happy, everyone is happy :)

No that's a little slow, but different engines. I keep my GPS in the boat and will post my results this weekend.

It will probably be faster in Washington - the air is more dense up there.. :unsure: but don't get your hopes up.. you'll be in the 40's, upper 40's if you can get yourself a tail-wind ;)

I have a 2003 23LSV with the 8.1L 425hp engine with 381 prop and can get 50 tops out of it. Think the prop pitch may limit it, because I have 1/4 throttle left when it tops out. Really doesn't matter, 90% of the time it never see even see's 30mph.

Plus love the room in the interior and storage space. Everyone who has been in our boat says it's one of the most comfortable boats they have been in.

Hardly a fair comparison.. the '03 is much smaller than the '07... and you made your point, that even with a smaller boat, and a larger engine, you can just hit 50.. is that via GPS or the speedo?

GPS'd mine yesterday, terrible conditions but managed 45 mph. I don't think it would be much more even with with butter.

Sounds about right, my 05 LSV did 47mph on the GPS with a 537 prop. The factory at the time told me that same boat with an 8.1L was good for 50 mph. The 04-07 LSV is the same hull. The 23 LSV was redesigned in 08 but sounds like they have similar results.

I have narrowed down my boating choices to these 2 boats. I have a family of 6 with multiple interests i.e. skiing, boarding, tubing. We almost always have friends with us, so we need a decent size boat. I know this is a malibu site, so convice why to get the 23 LSV ( also considering a 25 LSV). Thanks

IMO there is NO comparison. The LSV is better in every way inlcuding price. Room, boarding, skiing, just cruising - The only edge to Natique is the brand image. I looked hard at the leading brands when I bought my 07' LSV and could not be happier near the end of the 3rd season. We have had 4 adults and 8 kids on the lake for hours and there is room for the people all the stuff with no issues. The boarding is great and a big surprise was the quality of the ski wake for free skiing (ordered mine wth diamond hull). The only thing I would change is more power (350 Monsoon) - I think Malibu is behind the curve on engine choices. You will not regret buying an LSV.