Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu 23 LSV vs. Nautique 220

SkiingPT

I have narrowed down my boating choices to these 2 boats. I have a family of 6 with multiple interests i.e. skiing, boarding, tubing. We almost always have friends with us, so we need a decent size boat. I know this is a malibu site, so convice why to get the 23 LSV ( also considering a 25 LSV). Thanks

I have narrowed down my boating choices to these 2 boats. I have a family of 6 with multiple interests i.e. skiing, boarding, tubing. We almost always have friends with us, so we need a decent size boat. I know this is a malibu site, so convice why to get the 23 LSV ( also considering a 25 LSV). Thanks

We shouldnt have to convince you as to what boat YOU want. The malibu 23 LSV is IMO a better choice in every way, price, size, handling, looks, and wake. But demo them both and make your own choice based off of what you like.

We have a 23LSV and my wife's sister has a Nautique and we can not stand to ride in it. When we are at the lake at the same time we board, cruise, and surf in our boat and use their boat to pull a tube.

Edited by txwakejunkie

I don't know anything about the Nautique but I LOVE our 23 LSV! The only thing I would change is the stock prop, other than that IMO it's the perfect all around boat.....

I can't say anything about the Nautique since I never owned one.

I'm 100% sold to Malibu.

Last year, I had a Glastron 20" 200hp. Nobody knew me on the lake.

I now have a 2009 Wakesetter 23 LSV, and it's by far, the best boat on my lake.

Strangely now, everybody on the lake knows my name and where I'm from.

That's Malibu ! And on top of that, you get a f?&%ing great boat.

Test drive them and your choice will be narrowed further.

23LSV will fit your family of 6 well.

If you want a large rampy wake - go with the LSV

If you want a wake with a large lip, that will trip you as you go over the top - then the Nautique. Many people like the wake of the Nautique. I personally prefer the LSV or an X-Star, much larger wake, more of a transition, huge troff makes it easy to pre-load for airs.

As said before, try them out and decide what you and your CFO like. They're custom made, so get what you want.

CC makes great boats but sit in them both and the choice will be easy for you. Nothing is as comfortable and drives as nice as a malibu, the seating arrangement in CC boats sucks IMO.

The add states top speed is 55 mph. That seems fast, can anyone with a similar boat verify that top speed?

I've had mine up to 50 mph with the HH according to the speedo but I haven't GPS verified the top speed only riding speeds. I'm guessing it could be off a little.

It's about right. Put a GPS on your boat, you'll be surprised.

No that's a little slow, but different engines. I keep my GPS in the boat and will post my results this weekend.

Edited by 06vlx

One of my friends has the 220 another has the lsv. is there a particular reason your looking at the 220? As someone else stated the 226/230 would be more comparable to a lsv. The 220 is tiny inside compared to lsv and it has an annoying layout. The humps just take up space! Not only that but EVERYTIME I've ridden on the 220 it's taken us about 15-20 mins just to get the wake even bc it's soooo sensitive to weight side to side. I'd go test drive a lsv and a 226/230 and see which one you like better. Not gonna lie, the 230 is a bad a** boat with a lot of room and an AMAZING wake but then again the lsv is too!

Can't comment on CC but we are thrilled with our 23LSV. We got it for the same reasons, rec skiing, wake boarding, tubing (yes we have young kids) and now also enjoy surfing. Test drive both but the size of the 23LSV wins hands down. Last weekend we entertained two families (7 kids under 12) and everyone got to enjoy watersports plus there was tons of room. I don't think you can beat the interior size/layout... we looked and compared Tige's, Supra's, Centurion's but kept coming back to Malibu. As an added bonus, our dealer, No Wake Marine has been great also.

Can't comment on CC but we are thrilled with our 23LSV. We got it for the same reasons, rec skiing, wake boarding, tubing (yes we have young kids) and now also enjoy surfing. Test drive both but the size of the 23LSV wins hands down. Last weekend we entertained two families (7 kids under 12) and everyone got to enjoy watersports plus there was tons of room. I don't think you can beat the interior size/layout... we looked and compared Tige's, Supra's, Centurion's but kept coming back to Malibu. As an added bonus, our dealer, No Wake Marine has been great also.

Where do you boat at? I thinke the owner of No Wake has a place on Norris. If you are going to be that way let me know. I would love to see your boat and get some input. Thanks.

I actually ride behind both types of boats you mention on a monthly basis a 2006 CC 220 and a 2004 LSV! I love how tight the CC feels, but its seating is absolute crap storage is questionable...wake is clean little steeper than a BU but for me seems narrow even at 80ft back. Great Surf wake with no additional ballast. As for the 23LSV nice a roomy awesome seating, the wake is good with 4 tank ballast, I do not like it as much as my VLX, but some what comparable in shape. The Surf wake is incredible with additional ballast. You should definitely demo both boats if possible. I truly think the 220 is smaller on the inside then my 2006 VLX! Either way good luck on your purchase it’s a buyers market for sure Thumbup.gif

Edited by jessem

No that's a little slow, but different engines. I keep my GPS in the boat and will post my results this weekend.

It will probably be faster in Washington - the air is more dense up there.. :unsure: but don't get your hopes up.. you'll be in the 40's, upper 40's if you can get yourself a tail-wind ;)

It will probably be faster in Washington - the air is more dense up there.. :unsure: but don't get your hopes up.. you'll be in the 40's, upper 40's if you can get yourself a tail-wind ;)

I have a 2003 23LSV with the 8.1L 425hp engine with 381 prop and can get 50 tops out of it. Think the prop pitch may limit it, because I have 1/4 throttle left when it tops out. Really doesn't matter, 90% of the time it never see even see's 30mph.

Plus love the room in the interior and storage space. Everyone who has been in our boat says it's one of the most comfortable boats they have been in.