Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Coble Ski School

reggie

I am looking for some feedback on April Coble's ski school. GalaxyToad I know you have gone....what do the meals consist of? are the accommodations clean and comfortable? Any gators?

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am looking at taking my wife with me, she is pretty easy to accomodate as long as the mattress is not plywood!!

We have gone to Drew Ross's the past two years but I am looking at staying on site this time around!

Thanks in advance!

Reggie

Coble's has a very camp-like, family atmosphere. The accomodations vary a bit, depending on the building you're in. If you go with your wife, you'll probably get one of the more private rooms: Bunk bed, A/C and that's about it. Great for the price, and wonderful after a day of skiing.

Food is basic and plentiful. All meals are buffet style. You can eat as much as you want. Hamburgers, hot dogs, pasta, veggies for dinner - breakfast is your choice of cold cereal, bagels, breads, muffins, etc. Fresh fruit and snacks/drinks are pretty much always available.

If you're looking to ski or ride as much as you can handle, this is where Coble's shines. Top notch instructors, selected from all over the world by April and her family. They're all there for one reason - to make sure that you get your money's worth on the water. Ten lakes are currently in use at the site, so you can pretty much guarantee great water every time out. And no gators!

gators haven't made it to NC quite yet....

Oh yea gators have made it to NC, just not that far inland. No gators to worry about at Cobles, unless they are those pesky Florida Gator fans.

Just be careful if you decide to ski some of the rivers at the coast, there are definatly gators there, not just the Univ. of Fla fans.

interesting, never saw them there for the 2 years I lived there. Not like the days when I lived in West Palm Beach, where you ALWAYS knew they were there.