Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1993 Echelon need help finding stainless part

I need help locating a new and also finding out what this part is called. It is the angle piece located at the bottom of the strut that holds up my motor cover. Any help finding one or a suitable replacement would be appreciated

Thanks Evan

• 4 weeks later...

Kind of a thread hijack...

I was thinking about adding some type of "Hood Latch" to my engine compartment. Where if I pulled the lever under the dash my engine cover would open on it's own... I think I will have to change my struts and rig up some sort of latch with a hood cable from a truck or something.

Anyway has anyone ever done this?

If so maybe someone can save me some time, either way it will be fun!

martinarcher
Kind of a thread hijack...

I was thinking about adding some type of "Hood Latch" to my engine compartment. Where if I pulled the lever under the dash my engine cover would open on it's own... I think I will have to change my struts and rig up some sort of latch with a hood cable from a truck or something.

Anyway has anyone ever done this?

If so maybe someone can save me some time, either way it will be fun!

That sounds cool. You would need struts that are always trying to open the engine box and then a cable or electrically operated latch that would hold it shut until you release it from the dash. Cool idea - I wish I had a buck for every time I lift that motor box to check oil/fluid/put the plug in/inspect the motor/etc!