Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Response not riding level

We just moved from a Tige 20i to an '08 Response LXi this year. Love the boat, but it rides crooked in the water. I can see it riding a little tilted when I am in it alone at 200 lbs, but even when my wife at 120 lbs is pulling me skiing, the boat rides really tipped to the driver side, to the extent that you see a much larger spray coming from that side and can notice it in the wake quite a bit.

Should I really have to weight the boat down on the other side every time she takes me skiing? I've checked for anything that might be in the boat on that side that would add weight like stored items, water, etc., but there isn't anything. This boat is much lighter than my Tige, that is the main reason I went to it, but I can't believe that one person in the boat can alter the way it rides that much.

Anyone else seen this and know how to correct it?

Thanks

I have an 07 and it may be the only thing I am not as happy as I could be with. I keep two buckets in my lift if I am going skiing lets say illegal Whistling.gif I fill them they have tops so no spilling.

I think the Cut Diamond is more sensitive than the older Diamond hull.

This is a weight sensitive boat.

I have been thinking of moving my battery outboard?

Edited by Sixball

FlyHigh (I think) makes a cube shaped weight sack that holds something like 100 lbs of water, that would be fairly compact and quick to fill/drain. Or a small side sack would work too, probably pick one up cheap used on the Net somewhere. You'd need a fat sack pump too of course...

One of the things I really like about my buddys '06 MC 197 TT is the "Fake-a-Buddy" hard tank behind the observers seat. Takes up storage space but if you ski just two people a lot it would be awful handy and worth the tradeoff. Flip a switch to fill, flip one to drain; pretty slick.

Ed

FlyHigh (I think) makes a cube shaped weight sack that holds something like 100 lbs of water, that would be fairly compact and quick to fill/drain. Or a small side sack would work too, probably pick one up cheap used on the Net somewhere. You'd need a fat sack pump too of course...

One of the things I really like about my buddys '06 MC 197 TT is the "Fake-a-Buddy" hard tank behind the observers seat. Takes up storage space but if you ski just two people a lot it would be awful handy and worth the tradeoff. Flip a switch to fill, flip one to drain; pretty slick.

Ed

I did a little searching, and MasterCraft has what they call their MasterCraft Training System. That must be what your buddy has. Adds 185 lbs under the observers seat to simulate tournament conditions. They came out with it in 2000. I'll have to see if Malibu has anything like that, and if not, see if the MasterCraft tank will fit. That or stick to buckets of sand or lead weights.