Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's the Stupidest Thing You Ever Tried to Pull

Ndawg12

What's the Stupidest Thing You Ever Tried to Pull Behind A Boat?

A liberal.......................... ROFL.gif

OK. Sorry. I had to. Yes.gif:lol:

We used to sit cross-legged in a snow disc, ride it sitting down. Driver would whip it like a tube. That thing would absolutely scream across the water and get airborn over the smallest of bumps. We took a few lumps doing that. Yes.gif

This sounds like somthing out of a Chevy Chase movie..

Mine wasn't on the water but we did some kneeboarding behind a 4 wheeler at my buddies ranch last year. I'll post some pictures when I get home. It was all good till they would turn and the edge would catch a hog hole. And you think taking a spill in the water hurts, try rolling a kneeboard on land when your strapped in.....got some nasty road rash to prove it was a bad idea. It was fun but hurt like hell. That was also the weekend we decided to play tag with airsoft guns.

Ahhh....good times! Rockon.gif

Here's a different twist: Back in the mid 90's I was on a trip to Peru and spent several days with some jungle pilots along the Amazon. At some point one of the guys spotted an old Obrian Slalom in a storage shed. One night we got in a spittin contest about our athletic prowress. I told 'em ol' Beau could ski behind anything. As things got worse during the night I was challenged to dig out that ski in the storage room and ski beind the float plane on the Amazon River the next day

. I did. It was a rush...that thing put out a propwash of tiny needles and was fast as lightening! And then when he lifted the pontoons (only a foot or so) I became THE MAN. Yahoo.gif

3884311308_b843230142_o.jpg

Not a very good pic....and I cannot find the one of the REAL action.

A cooler!

A pro wakeboarder on our lake jokingly said he could ride anything put in the water so I threw out a cooler. He rode it!

Lost a few beverages though in the process!!

My buddy and I pulled a picnic table just last weekend. Turned it upside down and rode it for about 3 miles. It came right up on plane the only thing bad was all the water spraying in your face from between the boards. We had a blast. We put three people on it at the same time will get pictures posted I hope yet this week.

Drinking invlolved? We need to see video of that for sure!

We tried to pull an 80ft tree to shore that was sticking up in the middle of a cove about 4 feet out of the water with an 1991 MC Prostar 190. We move it 3 feet and gave up. HAHA.

Edited by areamike
My buddy and I pulled a picnic table just last weekend. Turned it upside down and rode it for about 3 miles. It came right up on plane the only thing bad was all the water spraying in your face from between the boards. We had a blast. We put three people on it at the same time will get pictures posted I hope yet this week.

Where did you tie the rope on the picnic table ... where the legs attach to the table ... I've got a crew for the next 4 days and might mix it up some.

In the 60s we towed wooden toboggans ... I was a kid and don't remember it it was made for the water or that same kind you slide down the snowy slopes ... will have to ask my parents/aunts/uncles.

PS Love the boat colors in your avatar.

Here's a different twist: Back in the mid 90's I was on a trip to Peru and spent several days with some jungle pilots along the Amazon. At some point one of the guys spotted an old Obrian Slalom in a storage shed. One night we got in a spittin contest about our athletic prowress. I told 'em ol' Beau could ski behind anything. As things got worse during the night I was challenged to dig out that ski in the storage room and ski beind the float plane on the Amazon River the next day

. I did. It was a rush...that thing put out a propwash of tiny needles and was fast as lightening! And then when he lifted the pontoons (only a foot or so) I became THE MAN. Yahoo.gif

3884311308_b843230142_o.jpg

Not a very good pic....and I cannot find the one of the REAL action.

That is one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

A cooler!

A pro wakeboarder on our lake jokingly said he could ride anything put in the water so I threw out a cooler. He rode it!

Adam Fields?

Nasty weather & overall group was bored... It is kind of interesting when you can turn around and drive back past the skier & they're still going the other direction at about 20. The rope going through the water is still pulling them around the corner you made a few seconds ago.

Anybody here even know what a GT racer is? Its a 3-ski contraption with a seat on it, kind of like a tricycle made for snow. They were popular for kids when ours were young. Anyway, we were at Birch Bay at Waskesiu when somebody - I know who it was but I'm not naming names - tried to pull a kid out on a GT racer. They had the rope tied to the front of the racer and every time the line came tight the racer would submarine, the rope would stretch out and then when the racer came out of the water it would launch past the boat. We watched in horror but there was a lot of alcohol involved and they kept trying. They never did succeed.

Anybody here even know what a GT racer is? Its a 3-ski contraption with a seat on it, kind of like a tricycle made for snow. They were popular for kids when ours were young. Anyway, we were at Birch Bay at Waskesiu when somebody - I know who it was but I'm not naming names - tried to pull a kid out on a GT racer. They had the rope tied to the front of the racer and every time the line came tight the racer would submarine, the rope would stretch out and then when the racer came out of the water it would launch past the boat. We watched in horror but there was a lot of alcohol involved and they kept trying. They never did succeed.

ha...my buddy had a couple of those (at least I think it was a GT racer). Black with a steerable ski in the front, round steering wheel and a foot brake that looked like a littel metal comb that stuck into the snow???? We had so much fun on those things......had to tape a pillow to the seat!

ha...my buddy had a couple of those (at least I think it was a GT racer). Black with a steerable ski in the front, round steering wheel and a foot brake that looked like a littel metal comb that stuck into the snow???? We had so much fun on those things......had to tape a pillow to the seat!

I know them well. Great fun on snow but I just can't see it on the water.

A cooler!

Adam Fields?

You are in the right neighborhood, just a different person. It was another pro from the same lake taught by Adam.

Adam just won the pro tourney in S. Korea. I've got to say he is the best pro wakeboarder out there without a very well known name to be sure. Both my wife and I have taken many lessons from him.

We had a ride it day and would ride or try to ride anything we could find.

We did the picnic table.

We did a love seat on a sheet of plywood. Also a recliner.

Watermelons on each foot. Big crash after one broke.

A old slalom ski no bindings.

A canoe paddle.

and not ridden but one of the water Mellon's ended up in a wet suit. Looked like a colossal load of poo bouncing under your crotch.

• 9 months later...

This is the greatest topic I've read on any site. And as such I am bringing it back to life.

I'm getting ideas so maybe I'll have some stories after the weekend.

This is the greatest topic I've read on any site. And as such I am bringing it back to life.

I'm getting ideas so maybe I'll have some stories after the weekend.

Ha! Try the snow disk, take pics!!!

Stupidest thing I ever pulled behind a boat was an anchor. Did you know when the nylon rope stretches out to it's max it will zing the anchor through your side window? Try it, it really works!

Rode an actual snowboard once. Complete with Sorel boots and all. A LOT of drag, but fun just because it was dumb!

Besides a little oral Annie blow up sex doll on a dolphin kite..... :biggrin:

anniekite.jpg

We've towed a few stupid things over the years. 9 foil riders at once was fun

9riders.jpg

12 riders at once was crazy

12riders.jpg

but 31 foil riders at one time was friggen crazy. We made the mistake of not spending any time qualifying riders, just assumed they could ride a foil as well as they claimed, and one girl messed up bad. She went down & took 16 riders out with her. We managed to beat the record, and only had a few minor injuries, but decided that it was stupid to risk beating that record any more.

record3.jpg