Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Spare key.

D-GOOSE

Do you have a spare key hiden on your boat?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a spare key hiden on your boat?

• Yes I have a spare key just in case I forgot it.
    • No I don't.
    • I need to get one.

I carry a complete boat set (something like 6-8 keys) in the truck and one in the boat.

When we went to Trinity I took one of the truck keys and put in on boat key ring. Wanted a spare for both. Too bad the truck keys are $75 or I'd go have a couple more made.

Good thread...

I also have a full set of "boat keys" (5 keys & float) in all vehicles capable of towing the boat. I also have a truck key hidden under all of my trucks. (work truck, my truck & Mrs. Faceplant's Sub.)

I need to hide a set of boat keys in the boat.......

I had a buddy that got a Sanger a few weeks after I got the '99 LXI. On his maden voyage he knocked the head of his ign. key off and put a nice gash in his knee getting out of the drivers seat in a hurry. Luckily he had a pal with a pretty complete toolbox ( Biggrin.gif ). I was able to get the rest of the key out pretty easily. But I could not believe he had BOTH ign keys as well as all the rest of the boat keys on the flimsy wire keyring that came from the dealer without a float.....(Dumba$$)

Pat

Edited by Faceplant409

i said no because I leave my primary key in the boat pretty much at all times. only times it comes out is if the boat is in the lake overnight on a trip...

i do keep a spare set of boat and trailer keys in the car though, and I need to put a spare set of car keys in the boat....

Edited by Addictedto6
:blush: I have never taken my key out of the ignition as long as I have owned the boat. I figure if someone wants it bad enough, let 'em have it. That little key isn't going to stop a thief.

I leave the key in all the time. I don't think the key not being there is any real deterent. It sits on the trailer in a secure place all the time so I don't worry about it. I have the spare in my tow vehicle.

I leave the key in all the time.  I don't think the key not being there is any real deterent.  It sits on the trailer in a secure place all the time so I don't worry about it.  I have the spare in my tow vehicle.

Ditto

If the primary key isn't in the ignition, it goes in the glove box.

I have a spare set of boat keys that I keep in the Suburban (the primary tow vehicle)

Now I just need some spare 'burb keys

I don't wory too much about boat keys, I could hot wire a boat in about ten seconds, now the car is another matter, I've always kept a spare set of tow vehicle keys in the boat, and have used them many times.

:blush: I have never taken my key out of the ignition as long as I have owned the boat. I figure if someone wants it bad enough, let 'em have it. That little key isn't going to stop a thief.

Well since my keys also have my boat trailer lock, I don't leave my keys in the ignition.

I went to the lake today and forgot my boat keys at the house. Cry.gif  Mad.gif .  So know I'm going to hide one in the boat and was wounding who else has a spare key on there boat?

I know I should have a spare with me, or in my truck, but I leave mine at home, 2.5 miles from the lake! :)