Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another throttle question

When pulling at wakeboard speeds, I have to keep my hand on the throttle or it will retard itself back toward idle. When at slalom speeds it will stay without me holding it. I can not find a friction knob or anything. Is there a way to tighten it up?

I've had great success with a very small hose clamp on the cable...carefully adjust the squeeze on the cable sheath which gives just enough friction between the sheith & cable.

Athough many people frown upon this, (insert disclaimer here), your mileage may vary, but it works for me...

Both great ideas. When I get home I will look at it. If there are two springs, I will remove/replace them with weaker ones. If there are no springs, I will go to the clamp option. Thanks for the ideas...

If there is not a spring(s) on the throttle lever wouldn't it have them on the actual throttle?

The carburetor base plate has a return spring built in but some if not most carb engines still use an additional one to boot. This is probably more of a safety measure than anything else to close the throttle if case the cable ever came unattached. I believe there is an adjustment in the control lever mechanism that allows you to adjust the friction there.