Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurfing the new 247

Brad B

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RiverRunner

• Ronnie

• Brad B

• stewart

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you think the power wedge will have a similar affect on a LSV or VLX? Obviously the 247 is a big heavy boat, but at the same time, it takes alot to sink her. I'm wondering if the positioning of the wedge doesn't have alot to do with the creation of that tsunami?

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm sure it has ALOT to do with the size of the wake.

I wish I had a camera behind the boat. I was the first one to surf it in our crew. We didn't test the wake before I got in the water. We just filled the ballast and set the speed at 11mph and went. When we took off and that wake formed, you should of seen the mouths drop in the boat. I can't post the comments they made since it's a family site, but they were shocked.

I do belive that the boat will do a wake about like the 23'WSLSV without the power wedge. BUT with that wedge set half way...what a difference. After riding that wave there is no way I would buy a new '06 without the power wedge.

That boat is a little bigger but it does have more ballast than the 23' boats. That center tank is huge and with 80 or so gallons of fuel it's just that much more. I should have taken a picture of the platform under water to show how deep it was. The freeboard is taller but it also made it easier to keep the nose up out of the water.

I did like the Throttle by wire, it took a little getting used to but it was easy to learn and nice to have the smooth movement of the lever.

The speed control was sweet too. You had a small moving block on the bottom of the display. It moved from left to right as the speed increased. We were set at 11mph so you could just run the block across the bottom of the screen to the same spot everytime and the boat would catch up to it and set the speed. When the boat got to speed the block would be centered in a gap on the display and it just had to be kept in the gap. It would tell you if it needed more throttle or not. The block position for 11mph was just under the first 1 on the 11 on the display. Just run the block over until it was under the first 1 and you were good to go.

Inside the boat was huge, with one person sitting in the observers seat and one directly opposite from him in the back seat they could not touch each other's feet down the side of the seating area.

Bling was everywhere. The factory cupholders and the area around them were sweet. This boat had been pimped at WSA's stereo shop and had lights every where. All the speakers had light rings as did all the remote controls. Even the remote mount by the driver was lite up.

If you're into the bigger boats, you'll love this one.

If you get the chance to try this boat out, don't hesitate for a second.

The drive by wire is really nice - really smooth.

But since there is no throttle cable resistance, everyone that drove it for the first time hammered it.

And I kept waiting for the Perfect Pass beep so overthrottled at first.

But since there is no throttle cable resistance, everyone that drove it for the first time hammered it.

Same thing here...put it in gear, you do not feel the transmission go into gear, started to slowly push the throttle down and did not realize we were moving, until I heard someone yell he's not ready. The boat over all seemed to handle well but, my little bit of time behind the wheel was spent pulling surfers. A couple of the others on the boat should be able to pipe up about how the boat handled at higher speeds, etc.

Same thing here...put it in gear, you do not feel the transmission go into gear, started to slowly push the throttle down and did not realize we were moving, until I heard someone yell he's not ready. The boat over all seemed to handle well but, my little bit of time behind the wheel was spent pulling surfers. A couple of the others on the boat should be able to pipe up about how the boat handled at higher speeds, etc.

Which engine did it have?

Unbelievable wave! Rockon.gifRockon.gifRockon.gif

I thought I'd have no interest in the 247. After seeing that pic. . . . I'm interested. But like Boomer said, I'll have to admire from afar if I want to avoid alimony.

I keep looking at that wave and I can't help but think that you could get on it without the aid of the rope. Have the boat get up to speed approaching the surfer and have the surfer paddle onto it like a wave at the beach. Especially with some of the larger, more bouyant boards. That wave is ridiculous. Thumbup.gif

I played with the wedge position while underway - dropped it all the way and the wave shrunk to near normal then set it back to 1/2 and you could feel the stern drop deeper.

Like Ronnie said its like a sea anchor dragging.

That ends the 1/2  or full wedge arguement for surfing!

So whos going to fabricate something that allows all of us normal non-powered wedge owners to drop our wedge half way?

I played with the wedge position while underway - dropped it all the way and the wave shrunk to near normal then set it back to 1/2 and you could feel the stern drop deeper.

So whos going to fabricate something that allows all of us normal non-powered wedge owners to drop our wedge half way?

If we could ever get Rod back on the board....Stu do you have the machining capabitlity?

If we could ever get Rod back on the board....Stu do you have the machining capabitlity?

I don't Cry.gif

I would be interested to see, what 1/2 down really looks like. Did andyone actually set the sedge to 1/2 down while it was on the trailer? Was it really 1/2 down, or possibly only a few degrees of vertical? The latter is what I'm thinking...

I don't Cry.gif

I would be interested to see, what 1/2 down really looks like. Did andyone actually set the sedge to 1/2 down while it was on the trailer? Was it really 1/2 down, or possibly only a few degrees of vertical? The latter is what I'm thinking...

The one problem I see is that the Hydraulic Wedge arms are shorter than the manual ones which might put to much stress on the arms. below is the hyd. wedge anyone have a good side view pic of the standard wedge?