Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurfing the new 247

Brad B

Well we got a chance to take a 247 out thanks to WSA

Take a look at this monster surf wake.

Basically stock ballast with a 400lb sac in the port locker, 10 passengers and the wedge at 1/2

post-26-1126464570_thumb.jpg

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RiverRunner

• Ronnie

• Brad B

• stewart

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not ONLY was the wake FREAKIN' tall...it was way long. We added 10' of rope to our surf rope and you could ride it all the way back... Love.gif

It actually surfed better back where I am surfing in the picture than closer to the boat.

All stock ballast+400lb sack+Power Wedge half way down=Surfing Heaven. The wedge half way down felt like a sea anchor. It's some serious suck down. The platform was 6" under water.

Watch for more pictures as TMC members all start getting home and downloading pics. We had so much fun surfing, we surfed until dark and never wakeboarded behind it. Can we have it again Tim?

Thanks to Tim and the WSA folks for letting us have the 247 for the day and for the great party.

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

Not ONLY was the wake FREAKIN' tall...it was way long. We added 10' of rope to our surf rope and you could ride it all the way back... Love.gif

It actually surfed better back where I am surfing in the picture than closer to the boat.

All stock ballast+400lb sack+Power Wedge half way down=Surfing Heaven. The wedge half way down felt like a sea anchor. It's some serious suck down. The platform was 6" under water.

Watch for more pictures as TMC members all start getting home and downloading pics. We had so much fun surfing, we surfed until dark and never wakeboarded behind it. Can we have it again Tim?

Thanks to Tim and the WSA folks for letting us have the 247 for the day and for the great party.

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

How much of the size do you think is attributed to the hull and how much is from the ability to change the wedge position?

I played with the wedge position while underway - dropped it all the way and the wave shrunk to near normal then set it back to 1/2 and you could feel the stern drop deeper.

Like Ronnie said its like a sea anchor dragging.

That ends the 1/2 or full wedge arguement for surfing!

Man, I am going to design something to mount my standard wedge halfway down! That is a monster wave not wake. I think it is too big to call it a wake!

I am jeolous!

Joe

Sweeeet!  I checked, it would fit in my garage.  Surprised.gif

Scott, meet ya at the boat show in Feb. Maybe two will be ordered that day. Crazy.gif

Boy the fisherman, lakefront homeowners and anyone else on the lake while that thing is puttin out the wake are not going to be too happy. Oh well.

Sweeeet!  I checked, it would fit in my garage.   Surprised.gif

Scott, meet ya at the boat show in Feb. Maybe two will be ordered that day. Crazy.gif

Boy the fisherman, lakefront homeowners and anyone else on the lake while that thing is puttin out the wake are not going to be too happy. Oh well.

I think you both need to look into this, Hmmm.....a 247 to the North and a 247 to the South of me. Heck, I'll even pick you guys up for the show and pay for parking. Crazy.gif

Boy the fisherman, lakefront homeowners and anyone else on the lake while that thing is puttin out the wake are not going to be too happy.  Oh well.

That could be the rub. You sink someone else's boat with that humungous wave and they might be able to hold you financially responsible.

Our lake has already banned all forms of wake enhancement.

Sweeeet!  I checked, it would fit in my garage.   Surprised.gif

I think you both need to look into this, Hmmm.....a 247 to the North and a 247 to the South of me. Heck, I'll even pick you guys up for the show and pay for parking. Crazy.gif

Jeremy - I think you should buy it and we'll meet you in the middle. Crazy.gifSurfing.gif

Do you think the power wedge will have a similar affect on a LSV or VLX? Obviously the 247 is a big heavy boat, but at the same time, it takes alot to sink her. I'm wondering if the positioning of the wedge doesn't have alot to do with the creation of that tsunami?