Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What Do Y'all Do In the Winter???

luvtheBU

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luvtheBU

• Baddog

• Bill_AirJunky

• skyskier

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wintertime is BBQ time! Smoking some brisket, chicken and ribs every weekend watching the Cowboys blow another season while I play Wii and try to stay warm in the frigid 40 - 50 degree weather.

Sucks to be you.

This thread is making me sad!

:(

I'm sorry I was feeling kindof sad this morning too and I was wondering do you all visit this forum in the winter as much as you do in the summer?

Not as much but still too much.

Nuke lake. No off season........... but I usually take the month of Feb. off to do all of the stuff I have been slackin' on for 11 months. Or because it's cold outside. Pick one.

I try to swindle and trad with my fellow co-workers so I can have the summer off and deploy in the winter! I am writing from Iraq, so that did not seem to work out as planned this time. I still have a few weeks, but once I get home I am going to ski no matter how cold it is. Shoot, anything below 100 is going to seem too cold.

Spring?.....Slalom Yes.gif

Summer?.....Slalom Yes.gif

Fall?.....Slalom Yes.gif

Winter?.....Slalom in a drysuit. Thumbup.gif ...on a completely empty lake. Yahoo.gif

Wally-Free water makes it worth the hassle of the drysuit. Yes.gif

Winter time is for snow skiing. The seasons that I don't like are late fall and early spring. Too warm to ski to cold to boat. I need a hobby/sport during those months!

Or grow a pair. Thumbup.gif Get yourself a drysuit. It's easy to break the the 100 degree rule.

I try to swindle and trad with my fellow co-workers so I can have the summer off and deploy in the winter! I am writing from Iraq, so that did not seem to work out as planned this time. I still have a few weeks, but once I get home I am going to ski no matter how cold it is. Shoot, anything below 100 is going to seem too cold.

:salute:

My boys both swim. Short-course season starts Sept 8th. I sit in the stands at pools for endless hours to watch 48 second races. Bleacher butt. If you know what that is - then you know what that is. The upside - at least it's warm.

And for all of the winter what'da'ya'do threads I've ever read on whatever forum, I have to say, the southern state folk have always made us northerners eyes roll back in our heads. Innocent.gifInnocent.gif

Air temp @ 53deg for this morning ski. Lake still holding at 69-70. It will drop for tomorrow we are having cold rain and night will drop into low 50s. Cry.gif

We are working on our 60 something 100 degree day. Close to record setting. No rain.

Big time into snowmobiling with my father and few buddies. I also try to hit the slopes on the snow board between the money falling from the sky,snowplowing!!!! I am sad to even be adding to this thread,up here in mass this summer really sucked no warm weather and tons of rain. Cry.gif

:salute:

Plus1.gif:salute:USA.gif Be safe & Thank you..........................

Winter time is for snow skiing. The seasons that I don't like are late fall and early spring. Too warm to ski to cold to boat. I need a hobby/sport during those months!

Or grow a pair. Thumbup.gif Get yourself a drysuit. It's easy to break the the 100 degree rule.

I've got the dry suit and would use it any chance I could. The hard part is finding a boat to use and driver to tow me. When we had jet skis our season never ended.

It is time for fall moto season, first race is tomorrow night. Also watching my 10 year old son play soccer. Hopefully we will still use the boat until Thanksgiving.

post-7160-1251516960_thumb.jpg

Edited by rmarch
Giddeyup! Can hardly wait!

48.jpg

51.jpg

And the new mount. Good Friday, 2 seasons ago. 60 inches of freak fresh powder on April 7.

19.jpg

Serving up a facial. :)

22.jpg

Looking forward to another great season. Hopefully I get out more than I've been on the water this year. Only skied 4 times all summer. :(

34.jpg

And to my fellow sledders, either you're welcome, or I'm sorry, depending on the reaction you had to snow pics. :)

love em keep em coming sad to put the boat away but bust out the sleds.

I'm sorry I was feeling kindof sad this morning too and I was wondering do you all visit this forum in the winter as much as you do in the summer?

Yup, but we argue a whole lot more.

Not as much but still too much.

That's because everyones grumpy not enough sun. :(

USA.gif:thankyou:Rockon.gif Thanks for your scracifices. :)

ATV baby!

Big time into snowmobiling with my father and few buddies. I also try to hit the slopes on the snow board between the money falling from the sky,snowplowing!!!! I am sad to even be adding to this thread,up here in mass this summer really sucked no warm weather and tons of rain. Cry.gif

Quit crying. At least you never had to water your lawn . . . ..