Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What Do Y'all Do In the Winter???

luvtheBU

We have been so busy with the boy's football and the hubby is taking 2 classes at night so he can get his bachelor's when he retires; that there have been 2, count them 2 nights when we could've been on the water because it was gorgeous and we didn't go.

I'm starting to think about boat winter projects and getting her winterized. Yikes I know!!!

PITA snowboards, Destructo plays hockey, that keeps both hubby and I busy travelling, all 4 of the boys played hockey up till 3 yrs ago. Talk about going in different directions all of the time. Pyro and Big Mike are trying to get jobs. Hubby and I have fun on the hockey trips but aside from that I will be spending my winter working on my boat projects. I am always sad to see summer leave. I love fall but hate the winter.

So anyways, what do ya do? That is if you have cold winters where you don't get to use your BU?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luvtheBU

• Baddog

• Bill_AirJunky

• Sixball

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fall: 2 boys in football (on different teams) and rake leaves. Lots of 'em.

Winter: Up 'till this year, snowmobile (sold it, will buy a couple more in 2 years when my oldest turns 12 and can operatre one), snow ski, ice skate (we make a rink on the lake), and indoor soccer (adult co-ed).

Spring: We boat like it's summer. The lift goes in the water day the ice goes out, usually in March. First wakeboarding session in March or April.

That's been an easy answer for the past 24 years as I coach hockey. This year my youngest son is off to college and will be playing. So I'll hang it up and we'll travel to watch him play, so still going to be busy but different being in the stands instead of on the bench. Not sure I'm ready for that but I guess I'll adjust and look forward to next Summer when that hits. Whistling.gif

Wintertime is BBQ time! Smoking some brisket, chicken and ribs every weekend watching the Cowboys blow another season while I play Wii and try to stay warm in the frigid 40 - 50 degree weather.

Wintertime is BBQ time! Smoking some brisket, chicken and ribs every weekend watching the Cowboys blow another season while I play Wii and try to stay warm in the frigid 40 - 50 degree weather.

Does 40 - 50 degrees count as frigid?

Tease2.gif

We still go to the same upstate NY lake that we enjoy in the summer, but do winter things instead. Nothing beats an 85* day on the lake, except 6+ feet of snow and -20* on the lake.

Edited by electricjohn

Tease2.gif

It's almost that right now! We have lake effect rain showers predicted over the weekend here in Michigan.

Used to ride year round in Seattle. It was never cold enough to keep us off the lake for more than a couple weeks.

Then we moved to the Spokane / Coeur d'Alene area. The lake gets kinda hard in the winter around here.

IMG_3805.jpg

That's been an easy answer for the past 24 years as I coach hockey. This year my youngest son is off to college and will be playing. So I'll hang it up and we'll travel to watch him play, so still going to be busy but different being in the stands instead of on the bench. Not sure I'm ready for that but I guess I'll adjust and look forward to next Summer when that hits. Whistling.gif

You can coach from the stands.... Tease2.gif Parents "TRY" to do it all of the time. I try to steer clear of the screamers that try to coach their kids from the stands. I personally am an internal screamer and every now and then something flies out of my mouth that is completely unexpected. Hockey is the greatest sport. I love watching the kids play.

I forgot to add hunting. We bought the 2, 14 yr olds 30.06's this year and we will be hunting on private land where I grew up in Hobson, MT.

This thread is making me sad!

:(

I'm sorry I was feeling kindof sad this morning too and I was wondering do you all visit this forum in the winter as much as you do in the summer?

Gotta board the slopes!! I also do some hunting and four wheeling but i would have to agree its pretty hard us in TX to tough out the frigid 40-50 lol Yahoo.gif

1-Plan events & schedule them for the warmer weather while dreaming of sunshine.

2-Watch a lot of waterskiing & water sports videos. This is our temporary “methadone clinic” type of fix until spring, sometimes even an overdose of warm weather media still doesn’t do it very well.

3-Read waterski magazine cover to cover at least twice while anxiously waiting on the next issue to arrive.

4-Occasionally go to the barn, open the cover of the boat and get a good look inside while inhaling the aroma from the interior. Even the kids say that they love the smell of the boat, it’s a great reminder of good times past and the fun that spring brings us.

5-Dream of moving back to wonderful South Florida.

My family and I were all born at the wrong latitude…waaaay too far north!

Before kids, my wife and I lived in south Florida for over two years.

To this day, I kick myself for moving back to Kentucky. At that time, if it weren’t for Family and friends here, there would have been no reason to go any farther north ever again, unless it was to wait out a hurricane or something.

Now that we have so many roots here like Church, schools, the kids friends and a decent wage compared to the same job farther south, it’s more difficult to go back right now. After only wearing a windbreaker to work twice during a south Florida winter, we WILL be back…WHEN is the only factor.

Seems like every year winter gets tougher to endure and after self diagnoses, I’m pretty sure that I suffer from SAD (seasonal affective disorder). The only cure for this is a long stretch of hot sunshine accompanied with warm lake water, works every time.

We did beat our records this past season and the start of this one though. We were in the water until November 4th last year and back in the water on April 26th this year….still not good enough, not by a long shot!

On the odd chance that I would ever want to see some snow, a picture alone will do just fine.

Snowmobiling. If I still lived someplace with mountains snow skiing.

When we lived in Great Falls I when skiing all the time.

How long ago did you live here? I love Great Falls because of the river but I'd trade it for a lake home anywhere in a heart beat. In 4 yrs we will be checking out options in other states. Our older kids will be graduated and we can move where ever we'd like, it'll be a lake if I have any say. Thumbup.gif

1-Plan events & schedule them for the warmer weather while dreaming of sunshine.

2-Watch a lot of waterskiing & water sports videos. This is our temporary “methadone clinic” type of fix until spring, sometimes even an overdose of warm weather media still doesn’t do it very well.

3-Read waterski magazine cover to cover at least twice while anxiously waiting on the next issue to arrive. ME TOO!!!!!

4-Occasionally go to the barn, open the cover of the boat and get a good look inside while inhaling the aroma from the interior. Even the kids say that they love the smell of the boat, it’s a great reminder of good times past and the fun that spring brings us. IT'S A DISEASE HUHHHH, I'M GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE, MINE WILL BE RIGHT IN MY BACK YARD IN A GARAGE OF COURSE AND I WILL BE KEEPING HER COMPANY WHEN I AM WORKING ON HER TEAK AND HER INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR

5-Dream of moving back to wonderful South Florida.

My family and I were all born at the wrong latitude…waaaay too far north! I KNOW I WAS TOO

Before kids, my wife and I lived in south Florida for over two years.

To this day, I kick myself for moving back to Kentucky. At that time, if it weren’t for Family and friends here, there would have been no reason to go any farther north ever again, unless it was to wait out a hurricane or something.

Now that we have so many roots here like Church, schools, the kids friends and a decent wage compared to the same job farther south, it’s more difficult to go back right now. After only wearing a windbreaker to work twice during a south Florida winter, we WILL be back…WHEN is the only factor.

Seems like every year winter gets tougher to endure and after self diagnoses, I’m pretty sure that I suffer from SAD (seasonal affective disorder). The only cure for this is a long stretch of hot sunshine accompanied with warm lake water, works every time.

We did beat our records this past season and the start of this one though. We were in the water until November 4th last year and back in the water on April 26th this year….still not good enough, not by a long shot!

On the odd chance that I would ever want to see some snow, a picture alone will do just fine.

Plus1.gif

Giddeyup! Can hardly wait!

48.jpg

51.jpg

And the new mount. Good Friday, 2 seasons ago. 60 inches of freak fresh powder on April 7.

19.jpg

Serving up a facial. :)

22.jpg

Looking forward to another great season. Hopefully I get out more than I've been on the water this year. Only skied 4 times all summer. :(

34.jpg

And to my fellow sledders, either you're welcome, or I'm sorry, depending on the reaction you had to snow pics. :)

Edited by UWSkier

Tease2.gif

Yes.gif

This thread is making me sad!

:(

I'm sorry I was feeling kindof sad this morning too and I was wondering do you all visit this forum in the winter as much as you do in the summer?

Yup, but we argue a whole lot more.

I get to go back to my first love; Skiing!!! Last season was cut way short due to micro fracture surgery on my femur. At least three days a week during the high season if all goes good!

Tease2.gif

The funny thing is that they don't ski in those temps any more than we will.

Tease2.gif

The funny thing is that they don't ski in those temps any more than we will.

No way, last Sat the dash said the air was 100 and the water was 92! Feels like a nasty bath when you jump in. I don't even get to see very much snow when we go on our annual snowboard trip to Red River / Angel Fire, NM, it's all fake! It is nice to snowboard in a T-shirt though.