Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Kill Swich, Do you use it properly?

scottserena

Kill Switch  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Do you connect the kill switch to your person or vest?

• Always
    • Sometimes
    • Never

I am admitting I never use the kill switch. I watched this video and thought maybe I should.

Now I always use it on my Waverunners, 100% of the time.

What you say?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baddog

• Sixball

• Lance B. Johnson

• luvtheBU

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am admitting I never use the kill switch. I watched this video and thought maybe I should.

Now I always use it on my Waverunners, 100% of the time.

What you say?

Smart enough to wear a life jacket and the kill switch but stupid enough to drive the boat like that, I don't get it!!

Edit-I don't wear mine but very rarely does my boat get above 25mph and I don't get too close and jump wakes with my boat either.

Edited by nemire12

I changed the poles on my switch so that it works opposite of what it should. Did this to eliminate any no start problems that show up.

So I guess you could say I never wear mine.

I wear mine attached to the orange life vest that came with the boat. Thumbup.gif

Honestly,I keep my lanyard tucked up behind the side panel out of the way.

post-149-1251477503_thumb.jpg

Edited by bigD

First off - what in the world is that idiot doing? Secondly, I don't believe that your Malibu will go that fast (BICBW) and on top of that our Bu's weigh A LOT more than that boat. Deeper on the inside too.

That was the most un-stable boat I've seen at speed with the exception of hydroplane boats. He shouldn't have been driving that fast anyway and certainly not over the wake of the boat filming him.

Why do you need a bass boat to go that fast anyway, I don't think fish swim that fast Dontknow.gif

That was the most un-stable boat I've seen at speed with the exception of hydroplane boats. He shouldn't have been driving that fast anyway and certainly not over the wake of the boat filming him.

Why do you need a bass boat to go that fast anyway, I don't think fish swim that fast Dontknow.gif

That guy is an idiot and how about his friend video taping it, here watch my buddy get thrown from his boat....dohhhh. Bass boats go fast to get to the holes quicker so they catch the big ones in a tournament, but as you can see they suck in wakes and chop, the hull barely touches the water.

My boat doesn't have a lanyard or a kill switch, my other ones did and I never used them right or wrong just didn't, but I don't drive my boat like an idiot either. If I owned waverunners I would simply because you are doing things that can throw you from your ride.

Edited by luvtheBU

Ever been on a lake when there's a bass tourny? That will show you the answer to that question. ;)

The video said that the guy was unconscious in the water for 10 minutes, trying to make the point of importance for wearing the life jacket. My question is, WTH were they doing during that time? It doesn't take that long to turn a boat around & it was apparent that he needed help. So they left him in the water to make the point? The guy driving the boat wasn't the only idiot on the water if you ask me.

That video should have text that says Greg is an idiot and is lucky to be alive. First off I don't drive like an idiot. Going over the first set of wakes at speed was stupid enough but taking on the second set after the boat hadn't settled down from the first set was just idiotic.

You Bu isn't going to run with only three feet of hull in the water. I don't think you need to worry about it.

I can see an argument for the kill switch with speed control though in case something really goofy happened. Pre speed control I always had a hand on the throttle and if you took it off the throttle would return to idle speed if not immediately fairly soon.

Ever been on a lake when there's a bass tourny? That will show you the answer to that question. ;)

The video said that the guy was unconscious in the water for 10 minutes, trying to make the point of importance for wearing the life jacket. My question is, WTH were they doing during that time? It doesn't take that long to turn a boat around & it was apparent that he needed help. So they left him in the water to make the point? The guy driving the boat wasn't the only idiot on the water if you ask me.

That's what I was thinking Wakegirl what a stupid a$$, stuff like this just irritates the crap out of me. Let's film my buddy beening a dumba$$ and then let him stay unconscious for 10 minutes. Mad.gif

Mad.gif Even that boat gets more air than I do crossing the wake Mad.gif

Some good comments to read about that video. Agreed, the guy has something to learn about driving his boat.

Why do you need a bass boat to go that fast anyway, Dontknow.gif

On a related note to that, I passed (on the highway) a 24 foot pontoon with a 250! HP Yamaha on it last week.

Maybe he has that motor so he can catch the bass boats ---

"On a related note to that, I passed (on the highway) a 24 foot pontoon with a 250! HP Yamaha on it last week."

We had a lot Off off Shore boats on our lake until the fuel prices went out of control. I alway wanted to get one of those pontoons. Yahoo.gif The speed recored for a pontoon is like 82 or 86mph. Glue plates and drinks down on the table glue a hat on and get some friends and blast past a couple of the Off Shores just for the looks you would get. Tongue.gif

We do have a toon on the lake with twin 225s. I have only seen it running fast once maybe 50mph.

It's a shame that idiot was wearing one. If he wasn't, this could have been a good video for population control.

Yeah and I bet his buddy who was filming would've felt like an a$$!

That guy is an idiot and how about his friend video taping it, here watch my buddy get thrown from his boat....dohhhh. Bass boats go fast to get to the holes quicker so they catch the big ones in a tournament, but as you can see they suck in wakes and chop, the hull barely touches the water.

My boat doesn't have a lanyard or a kill switch, my other ones did and I never used them right or wrong just didn't, but I don't drive my boat like an idiot either. If I owned waverunners I would simply because you are doing things that can throw you from your ride.

And it's the law on a Jetski to always be connected, in NJ anyway.

Edited by Baddog
I changed the poles on my switch so that it works opposite of what it should. Did this to eliminate any no start problems that show up.

So I guess you could say I never wear mine.

Plus1.gif