Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Overheating a little, Help needed

Well a couple of weeks ago the impellar was chewed up and I replaced it. Well the last time out the boat is running 10 degrees hotter but at full throttle it will jump up after about 5 minutes. I am pretty sure there is old impeller stopping up the lines but I wanted to ask what lines I should check (all of them I know) and more importantly where they are located in the engine compartment. Thanks for the help and I hope it keeps me from going on a wild goose chase.

Monsoon engine, right? If so, just follow the hose from the impeller to the first connection. That will be your transmission cooler. There is a screen in there that is designed to catch impeller debris. Pull the hose and look up in there and you will likely find what you are looking for.

Anything that gets past that screen will likely get flushed through the engine, so not really any need to take the engine apart further.

Monsoon engine, right? If so, just follow the hose from the impeller to the first connection. That will be your transmission cooler. There is a screen in there that is designed to catch impeller debris. Pull the hose and look up in there and you will likely find what you are looking for.

Anything that gets past that screen will likely get flushed through the engine, so not really any need to take the engine apart further.

Actually, that's not a screen it is the heat exchanger for the tranny cooler. it does function nicely as a crap catcher though.

One big thing to remember though, when re-tightening the hose clamp around the hose at the tranny cooler DO NOT overtighten. "I have a friend" who nearly collapsed the darn thing by reefing down on it. Now this firend will tighten the hose lightly, then run the engine and slowly tighten further until the water just stops leaking.

Plus1.gif