Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How much do you drink??

Ndawg12

How many?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. On a nice 90+ degree day with the normal size crew how many drinks will you consume (in an 8 hour outing), state why below if you don't mind.

• None
    • 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7-8
    • 9-10
    • 11-12
    • However many it takes, I'm not driving or responsible for anything!

th_DSCN0385.jpg

th_DSC01331.jpg

th_DSCN0317.jpg

th_DSCF0424.jpg

You can take the dawg out of Georgia, but you can't take the Georgia out of the dawg!! LMAO Rockon.gif

I guess we just drink more here in GA. It's hit or miss with us, if I'm going out with a few folks we usually pack a six pack or so and have leftovers. Although there have been days when all we do is surf and beer surf and most of the time there is one or two people sober enough to know how to drive and take the boat out of the water. It's all about moderation and responsibility! Beer.gif

I might get into trouble for saying this but.......Dang that's hot!!!!

That's a great idea, keg ballast!! The drunker you get, the less ballast and wake you get, you stay good all day!!

What do you do when you have to pee! Biggrin.gif

Edited by 68Slalom
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ndawg12

• Michigan boarder

• Baddog

• 68Slalom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bear in mind people as you drive home on the freeway after 6 or 8 beers throughout the afternoon in your $50,000 truck pulling your $70,000 boat that if you are over the legal drinking limit you have no insurance. Would hate to find that out after you have rolled your rig in the ditch. And that is just the start of your problems. if you hurt someone you have no liability insurance either . Dollar values go way up. Why would anyone risk it????

A friend of mine likes to boast that his Tige RZ2 will hold 100 beers. The last time I saw him he was being dragged behind his boat with a surf rope wrapped around his hand while wildly flailing with the free hand. No one in his boat even noticed. I had to yell for their driver to stop. They are a lively crew and lots of fun, but dang!

Bear in mind people as you drive home on the freeway after 6 or 8 beers throughout the afternoon in your $50,000 truck pulling your $70,000 boat that if you are over the legal drinking limit you have no insurance. Would hate to find that out after you have rolled your rig in the ditch. And that is just the start of your problems. if you hurt someone you have no liability insurance either . Dollar values go way up. Why would anyone risk it????

When did this take effect Dontknow.gif

A friend of mine likes to boast that his Tige RZ2 will hold 100 beers. The last time I saw him he was being dragged behind his boat with a surf rope wrapped around his hand while wildly flailing with the free hand. No one in his boat even noticed. I had to yell for their driver to stop. They are a lively crew and lots of fun, but dang!

Are we supposed to laugh at that???......Cause I did!!!

Yeah, can anyone else verify this, I don't feel like thumbing through my policy tonight. It doesn't take much at all to be over the legal limit.

Yahoo.gifYahoo.gif

That must be a California thing... Next thing you know Drinking may cause cancer in the state of California...

My insurance covers me no matter what but I am sure they would drop me in a second once everything was threw.

Yahoo.gifYahoo.gif

That must be a California thing... Next thing you know Drinking may cause cancer in the state of California...

My insurance covers me no matter what but I am sure they would drop me in a second once everything was threw.

What I've experienced is that they raise your rates to try and re-corporate some of that money back, unless it's an accident ever 5-6 years Whistling.gif

th_DSCN0385.jpg

th_DSC01331.jpg

th_DSCN0317.jpg

th_DSCF0424.jpg

You can take the dawg out of Georgia, but you can't take the Georgia out of the dawg!! LMAO Rockon.gif

I guess we just drink more here in GA. It's hit or miss with us, if I'm going out with a few folks we usually pack a six pack or so and have leftovers. Although there have been days when all we do is surf and beer surf and most of the time there is one or two people sober enough to know how to drive and take the boat out of the water. It's all about moderation and responsibility! Beer.gif

It's the greatest thing in the world!! I live in the middle of cajun country and we go out to the Island and put up my giant UGA EZ-up and they all want to talk trash but all I have to say is 52-38 and that pretty much ends all the trash talk. That was an awesome day on the river, we were out for probably 12 hours that day and went through 2 kegs

th_DSC01295.jpgth_DSCF0387.jpgth_DSCF0418.jpgth_DSCN0300.jpgth_DSCN0382.jpgth_DSCN0329.jpg

I do my fair share of drinkin but ever since my friend got a BWI on the river we've been careful to have at least 1 person completely sober and not just "good".

Yeah, can anyone else verify this, I don't feel like thumbing through my policy tonight. It doesn't take much at all to be over the legal limit.

I think it depends on your insurance company. Mine I know does not but they will up your rates after a DUII if you wreaked or not. Either way it is a gamble.

I think it depends on your insurance company. Mine I know does not but they will up your rates after a DUII if you wreaked or not. Either way it is a gamble.

I would imagine any insurance would, I wonder how much though, 50%, double, triple, anyone care to share, anyone "have a friend" who knows how much???

When towing, none of us drink (with the exception if someone can't ride). However when we're cruising, everyone else is drinking away, but I stick to pop. I can drink when we get back to the dock if I want. I've already seen 3 accidents this year caused by drinking (2 of them scary).

I don't think I've had "pop" before. They must only sell that up north. Tease2.gif

It's better than down south where everything is coke. "What kind of coke would you like?...uh...Coke"

Ha! I'm from Ohio but moved to NC 5 years ago. That is one of the first lessons learned, soda or coke is acceptable, pop is what yankees drink!! Oh yeah and a grocery cart is called a buggy!! WTF, still haven't gotten used to that one!! Crazy.gif

Do you put them there groceries in a bag or a sack?

I voted "none" but that is not completely truthful. Over the past 15 years of boating I may have had a total of 10 drinks in the boat. For me the boat is about skiing and related activities. On a 90 degree day I want to be in the water!

th_DSCN0385.jpg

th_DSC01331.jpg

th_DSCN0317.jpg

th_DSCF0424.jpg

It's the greatest thing in the world!! I live in the middle of cajun country and we go out to the Island and put up my giant UGA EZ-up and they all want to talk trash but all I have to say is 52-38 and that pretty much ends all the trash talk. That was an awesome day on the river, we were out for probably 12 hours that day and went through 2 kegs

th_DSC01295.jpgth_DSCF0387.jpgth_DSCF0418.jpgth_DSCN0300.jpgth_DSCN0382.jpgth_DSCN0329.jpg

I do my fair share of drinkin but ever since my friend got a BWI on the river we've been careful to have at least 1 person completely sober and not just "good".

I can tell these pictures weren't taken in Michigan or Wisconsin! The beer and sand might look the same, but there's no fat on any of those people! That's definitely not my group of friends, not even 15 years and 2 kids ago.

The no insurance thing is not true...

But you should buy a place at the lake with a dock so you don't have to worry about drinking and driving! It makes taking to boat out much more relaxing...

The no insurance thing is not true...

But you should buy a place at the lake with a dock so you don't have to worry about drinking and driving! It makes taking to boat out much more relaxing...

I would need about $200,000 just for a 1/2 acre of dirt lakeside around here, not in the budget quite yet.

Edited by nemire12

Some of these posts bring back some good and also some scary memories. I've closed my share of bars, floated across lakes on pontoons to see the sun come up, etc. Good times that are irreplaceable, involving a lot of drinking, laughing, and friends. But there were also some close calls, PURELY alcohol related:

1. 6 of us on SeaDoo XP's, chasing and spraying each other. Got to loose, and one girl (my wife) hit me broadside at about 20 mph. I saw her out of the corner of my eye at the last second and moved to bail, but not quick enough and got hit in the chest & handlebars. I went flying and just saw the underside of her ski above me in the air. No injuries, a couple hundred bucks in damage (15 years ago)

2. Cruisin the lake on a rough, windy day, drinking margaritas. We stop to swim, start shoving each other around, etc. I jump in, and about a foot from the platform coming up for air someone nails me (knee, elbow, head, not sure). I go down, then try to come up and hit the underside of the boat. I go left and hit the underwater gear. I am totally out of air. I go right and surface. Everyone was still goofing around on the boat and off the platform, nobody even knew I was in trouble. (12 years ago)

3. Tied off, partying at the end of our lake. Radio blasting, and we are all calmly sitting on our transoms and hanging, with some people floating on noodles. Everyone is just relaxing. A wake comes by, the boats bounce a bit. I hear something up front. Probably just the boats banging a bit. I look around and we are missing a guy. I go up to the bow, he's in the water, gasping. He was getting a refill and going boat to boat when the waves came thru, he lost his footing and went in between the bows and whacked his head (10 years ago)

Those kind of close calls make me think twice about messing around on the water, they were all in the midddle of the afternoon with a lot of alcohol. I drink my share of beer still, but as someone else mentioned that deep water is not forgiving, and you can't rewind.

44 years old, never had a beer in my life (nothing harder than wine sauce at the italian place).

My friends know we don't drink on the boat or anywhere else, so it's never come up that they would drink on the boat. I've yet to meet someone that has told me they wish they drank more, most tell me they wish they had never started. I did smell beer once, just about yakked.

I didn't want to be an anonymous "None" voter. :)

6 beers? Maybe in a month... :lol: I'll take 3 Pacifico's (one for each of us)...

Helps you forget how many times you broke at the waist... :lol:

Whistling.gif You only ski six times a month??? No wonder you keep breaking at the waist, wimp. ROFL.gif

You only ski six times a month??? No wonder you keep breaking at the waist, wimp.

Sometimes it seems like that's all I get out. :(

...but no, meathead, I don't ski in the evening much. Mostly morning sets, before work or church. Too many wallies in the afternoon/evening.

It figures that I'd have to explain it to you. You're such a dim bulb. :lol:

EDIT: Speaking of morning sets...Biggrin.gif...gotta go get me some...Later. Yahoo.gif

Edited by NorCaliBu

Beer.gifClap.gif I think that country song says it best [ forget who sings it ] I gave up smokin , drinking and women last night and it was the worst 15 minutes of my life .

though I am happily married and dont smoke