Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How much do you drink??

Ndawg12

How many?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. On a nice 90+ degree day with the normal size crew how many drinks will you consume (in an 8 hour outing), state why below if you don't mind.

• None
    • 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7-8
    • 9-10
    • 11-12
    • However many it takes, I'm not driving or responsible for anything!

Sorry if this has been done before, but lets do it again!! Thumbup.gif

I have found that since I got my boat (and my son around the same time) my drinking has curtailed somewhat. When with friends in any situation I would drink to get feeling pretty good and sometimes a little more. But I have found that since I'm responsible for so much while boating (driving to ramp, unloading, driving boat, watching my son, loading, driving home) that there's no way I can drink more than 6 beers in an 8 hour period and still stay on top of things at all times. I have also noticed this has spilled over into drinking situations off the boat as well. Once again, another instance where the BU was a spectacular purchase!! And my son too!!

BTW: I'm not an alcoholic and never was, just took me a little longer to grow up!!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ndawg12

• Michigan boarder

• Baddog

• 68Slalom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

martinarcher

Might seem strange, but I've never had a beer on the boat. Dontknow.gif We are usually all business when on the water. I have a hard enough time landing ariel tricks sober! Biggrin.gif We have enough fun with tunes and each others company while on the water riding. I guess we rarely stop the boat for more than 5-10 min between riders. We usually have a crew of 6 and spend 95% of a long Sat on the water with the boat in tow. I guess if our lake was a party cove joint it might be different. I can drink at home, but I can't board or ski.

Edited by martinarcher

When towing, none of us drink (with the exception if someone can't ride). However when we're cruising, everyone else is drinking away, but I stick to pop. I can drink when we get back to the dock if I want. I've already seen 3 accidents this year caused by drinking (2 of them scary).

+1

I have only had 1 beer on the boat in the past 10 years and that was at the end of last summer. We hardly ever stop the boat - always boarding or surfing :)

Might seem strange, but I've never had a beer on the boat. Dontknow.gif We are usually all business when on the water. I have a hard enough time landing ariel tricks sober! Biggrin.gif We have enough fun with tunes and each others company while on the water riding. I guess we rarely stop the boat for more than 5-10 min between riders. We usually have a crew of 6 and spend 95% of a long Sat on the water with the boat in tow. I guess if our lake was a party cove joint it might be different. I can drink at home, but I can't board or ski.

ditto...but I dont think it's strange, it's responsible.

Never on the boat. I do allow others to drink moderately if they wish but that is their decision. Slalom skiing is pretty exhausting as it is and I am usually pretty wiped out by the end of the day. Alcohol could not possibly help the situation but it sure tastes great at home.

Never on the boat on the water, for anyone.

If something bad happens, everyone needs to be involved and engaged.

The strongest drink i have ever had on a boat was some nasty coffee from the marina ... :)

I always have a beer on the boat. But, it's a 2 beer limit, strictly adhered to, so I'm sipping 'em. When I'm pulling people, the beer usually gets warm at some point too. Same with going out to dinner, meeting some buddies at a house or bar for a beer, etc., 2 beers, no exceptions. If I've had more than that, someone else is driving. And I've tried boarding and footing after a few and it's pointless, even only 3 or 4.

But on land, walking around our little private neighborhood road and party hopping on a hot summer night, easy 12 to 18. There are about 8 or us that tend to get lost in a time warp somehow, and the next thing we know it's 4am.

None. Boating and alcohol do not mix. The risk is just to great, We save our drinking until we get back to the cottage. It never ceases to amaze me the kind of S***T drunk people get into. It usually involves bodily injury or expensive property damage. And of course there is always the "toughest guy in town" contests at the ramp. We Have had two people drown in the marina by simply falling of the docks and into the water. both were intoxicated. Deep water is very unforgiving , just one little mistake is all it takes for tragedy to strike.

Be safe out there!!

If someone is skiing I don't drink. There have been times in the past when we are just out floating around the lake at idle speed when I would have a drink or two but if I am going to be moving at speed I don't drink.

It does help that I live on the lake so I can get back to the house and have a beer when we put the boat away.

I don't drink when we are pulling people. I did with our first boat before we had kids doing various things back there. We often end the day with a cruise around the lake and I will have a couple then. We have a lift on the lake so I don't need to drive a car home. I tend to get more conservative in this regard each year though. Next year maybe it will just be beers at the dock for me? My guests are welcome to drink as they please. Once on the lift I tend to have a couple before heading back to the house. Kids in the water is a lot of responsibility and I realize that more every time we are out. There is no rewind in life....

We ride in a National Forest.... Federal laws tend to be harsh. No Alcohol Period!!

but "no Alcohol" on the boat even when on a normal lake.

I guess I must be one of the bad apples. I don't drink until I am done barefooting, and then if I am driving the ski boat probably not more than one per hour. Now, after we put the ski boat away and get the pontoon out the party is on (sometimes). The toon very seldom gets above 10 mph. We usually cruise about a mile from the dock and park to cook dinner and have a drink or few. When we are done we cruise the mile back at idle speed because we aren't in a hurry anyway.

Let the rock throwing begin.

I don't drink at all, ever. I don't have anything against anyone who does drink, it's just that it has never agreed with me. Therefore, I don't ever drink on the boat. But I don't allow alcohol on the boat either. If beer ever gets spilled, it is just too hard to clean up to where it doesn't smell. But, if I did drink, I still wouldn't drink on the boat as drinking and driving is rediculous and irresponsible. Whether you have just one or ten, your judgement is impaired. JMO.

I have no problem with people having a couple on my boat. I may have 2 if I am driving. It is about moderation, I will not have someone who is drunk on my boat at all.

Edited by trentj6930

Just want to say last year a pontoon on my lake was hit by a jet ski at 11:00pm. This was way past the legal time for the jet ski to be on the lake but the driver of the jet ski died. The sheriff had a blood alcohol test run on the pontoon driver and ya just over the legal limit. drug and alcohol test will be run on any crash causing death in Mi. Long story and i will not go on but today the pontoon driver is serving a two year jail and years of probation.

I have nearly give up drinking myself I have nothing against it and have done my Shir in my younger days. Just seam to be finding enough satisfaction in life today that I just don't do much drinking. We live on the lake and ski in the AM and never know if it is a good evening and not a lot of traffic we often drop a boat and get some skiing in in the evening.

The world has changed to much If I lived like I did well I was younger I may be in the cell next to the toon driver. Dontknow.gif

PS The jet ski hit the toon from behind so he ran over the toon.

The lake that we do 99% of our boating at does not allow alcohol at all and the fines are pretty stiff. It's fine with me, boating is dangerous enough without adding alcohol to the mix. Even at Lake Powell we don't drink until the boats are put away for the night and then a nice cold beer taste really good with dinner. Beer.gif

Boat safe!!

Terry

Just want to say last year a pontoon on my lake was hit by a jet ski at 11:00pm. This was way past the legal time for the jet ski to be on the lake but the driver of the jet ski died. The sheriff had a blood alcohol test run on the pontoon driver and ya just over the legal limit. drug and alcohol test will be run on any crash causing death in Mi. Long story and i will not go on but today the pontoon driver is serving a two year jail and years of probation.

I have nearly give up drinking myself I have nothing against it and have done my Shir in my younger days. Just seam to be finding enough satisfaction in life today that I just don't do much drinking. We live on the lake and ski in the AM and never know if it is a good evening and not a lot of traffic we often drop a boat and get some skiing in in the evening.

The world has changed to much If I lived like I did well I was younger I may be in the cell next to the toon driver. Dontknow.gif

PS The jet ski hit the toon from behind so he ran over the toon.

Wow, stark! Shocking.gif