Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best 2 year old wakeboarder

saburkhart

Agreed. Had my daughter on the surf board (not ropeless) at 3 and on the ski skimmer right after that. Now she'll walk around on the board as we ride. She's on the skimmer zig zagging behind the boat (she turned 4 in July). As soon as I can figure out how to teach her to get up and balance on the wake board she's got her own and wants to learn.

She's fearless on the water!

That is awesome. How did you get up with her? I'm trying to envision it, did she wrap her legs around your waist and face you till you were standing and then you could lower her down? That is too cool. Might have to try that next year with my little guy. Hints and tips please?

The only thing I really did different than a normal ride was a much tighter tuck and stayed tucked longer. It really wasn't too hard. We started just like we rode. I put her feet on the board between mine and she held on to my legs. I kind of collapsed my arms into her. Had them much closer than normal. She popped right up every time. I also let me nephew ride like that. He's 5 and was a little harder to come up with, but he rode better. I think the extra weight of the 5 year old affected board angle more so than a 2 (almost 3) year old. Once I got a feel for coming up with my nephew it worked fine too.

If you want to get up with 2 hands on the handle, then you have to hold them with your forearms and then get up just like normal. One thing I learned is to get up with the kids after you have already gone. It gets you tired real fast. Surfing seems a lot easier with the kids more surface area for them to stand.

Thats really neat, little kids are so fun to play with in the water. I remember when I taught my now 14 yr old to waterski, he was 5. I got in the water with him and just held him from behind, holding him in position and he got right up and would ski for the longest time, the little turkey could even take a turn without wiping out.

Edited by luvtheBU
The only thing I really did different than a normal ride was a much tighter tuck and stayed tucked longer. It really wasn't too hard. We started just like we rode. I put her feet on the board between mine and she held on to my legs. I kind of collapsed my arms into her. Had them much closer than normal. She popped right up every time. I also let me nephew ride like that. He's 5 and was a little harder to come up with, but he rode better. I think the extra weight of the 5 year old affected board angle more so than a 2 (almost 3) year old. Once I got a feel for coming up with my nephew it worked fine too.
If you want to get up with 2 hands on the handle, then you have to hold them with your forearms and then get up just like normal. One thing I learned is to get up with the kids after you have already gone. It gets you tired real fast. Surfing seems a lot easier with the kids more surface area for them to stand.

I can't wait till next year, thanks for the tips sounds pretty easy.