Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Diesel Engines in 07'?????

25lsvwakesetter

Just got off the phone with my dealer over misc stuff and he informed me that in 07' they will be adding a Duramax diesel option for the 25' as well as redesigning the boat to produce a more consistant wake...

Anybody heard this in any other circles?

Ant info would be appreciated... :)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• MARiley

• Air_Buddha

• 25lsvwakesetter

It is a logical progression. The 247 is now complete, time to revamp the big boy. Lets see, what's one of the hottest topics today? The price of gas? How about we address that one two. Would make for an aggressive and porgressive thinking manufacture don't ya think. I'd say if GM is willing to supply and Indmar (whoever) is willing to convert then go for it. They will sell.

It would make wakesurfing kinda stinky. Who wants to sniff diesel exhaust while surfing? What about all that particulate matter that creates the black smoke of diesel exhuast? That would end up in the water. Now Bio-Diesel...Stop by a McDonald's fill-er up... Crazy.gif ...it would smell like french fries out on the lake. There goes the low-carb diet. Crazy.gif

It would make wakesurfing kinda stinky.  Who wants to sniff diesel exhaust while surfing?  What about all that particulate matter that creates the black smoke of diesel exhuast?  That would end up in the water.  Now Bio-Diesel...Stop by a McDonald's fill-er up... Crazy.gif ...it would smell like french fries out on the lake.  There goes the low-carb diet. Crazy.gif

Next year, the gov't is mandating the proliferation of low-sulfate diesel like they run in Europe. It's cleaner than normal petro, especially when blended with bio. :) Way of the future!

It would make wakesurfing kinda stinky.  Who wants to sniff diesel exhaust while surfing?  What about all that particulate matter that creates the black smoke of diesel exhuast?  That would end up in the water.  Now Bio-Diesel...Stop by a McDonald's fill-er up... Crazy.gif ...it would smell like french fries out on the lake.  There goes the low-carb diet. Crazy.gif

Next year, the gov't is mandating the proliferation of low-sulfate diesel like they run in Europe. It's cleaner than normal petro, especially when blended with bio. :) Way of the future!

Many commerical/public vehicles have already swtiched over to take advantage of subsidies.

Not sure if it will happen.

Starting in 07 all boats manufactured in Ca. will have to have catlytic convertors. Also in '07 the Feds are mandating new stricter diesel emmisions regulations. So strict in fact, that not a single automaker has passed them with an engine currently in their stable. I can see other states following suit on the catalytic thing and I could see the Feds getting involved in marine emmisions soon. Plus diesel emmision stays low to the ground and do not dissipate in the same manner as gas engines. I could see some states banning diesel in freshwater inland lakes. Who knows?

Um, biodiesel is made from Canola oil, methanol & lye....... SVO or WVO is used french fry grease. But if you look around a bit, the oil from any burger joint is the absolute worst quality found. The best is from an asian restaurant.

But your right, a boat burning biodiesel wouldn't smell too bad at all, a LOT cleaner than any petro-diesel engine!

Current diesel engines don't smell NEAR as bad as you guys suggest. You're having flashbacks to the good ol' days.

I've owned a latest-generation cummins-powered truck now for 2 years and 60k miles, and don't remember smelling diesel smell even a single time. Yes, my nose works. :)

I've smelled noticeable fumes from my gas-powered boat many more times than from my truck. I think a gas engine without a cat puts off more odor than a current diesel.

Current diesel engines don't smell NEAR as bad as you guys suggest. You're having flashbacks to the good ol' days.

I've owned a latest-generation cummins-powered truck now for 2 years and 60k miles, and don't remember smelling diesel smell even a single time. Yes, my nose works. :)

I've smelled noticeable fumes from my gas-powered boat many more times than from my truck. I think a gas engine without a cat puts off more odor than a current diesel.

Boomer:

You are dead on....

Most Americans have flash-backs to the crappy Chev 350 that they tried to convert to diesel in the 70s/80s...

Have you seen the price of diesel compared to gas nowdays? pity the guys in the big dually monsters stopping in for a quick $3.50 gallon of gas.

How many marina's offer diesel now? None at the lakes I go to. Trailering that big dog to run into town to find a diesel pump is not on my list of lake fun.

Have you seen the price of diesel compared to gas nowdays?  pity the guys in the big dually monsters stopping in for a quick $3.50 gallon of gas.

How many marina's offer diesel now?  None at the lakes I go to.  Trailering that big dog to run into town to find a diesel pump is not on my list of lake fun.

Last week when Gas was $3.15...Diesel was still $2.79 here in the Midwest.

Another thing for the wake boarders to remember is that diesel is heavier tan gas Yahoo.gif

Have you seen the price of diesel compared to gas nowdays?  pity the guys in the big dually monsters stopping in for a quick $3.50 gallon of gas.

How many marina's offer diesel now?  None at the lakes I go to.  Trailering that big dog to run into town to find a diesel pump is not on my list of lake fun.

True. I haven't seen any in the marinas we hit......