Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Does everyone have a horn

InvisibleMask

I have a 2008 LSV and it has a horn button but no sound.

I am wondering if this is standard or an option to have a horn and mine doesn't have one, or if its just not working.

I have no idea where the actual horn would be so I can't check to see if one exists.

If I have to add one I'm going with the mexican 'la coco rocha' horn ! Biggrin.gif

From us US Coast Guard

U.S. COAST GUARD MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR RECREATIONAL BOATS:

"Every vessel less than 65.6 ft. (20 meters) in length must carry an efficient sound producing device."

The stock horn is a joke. The driver is the only person on the lake that will hear it. Completely useless.

I use an Air Zound Air Horn in my Sporty. I mounted the "handlebar" bracket on one of the bimini poles and the the horn itself snaps off & on. The tank mounts up underneath the gunnel right below where the horn mounts. I carry a small bicycle pump with me so that I can refill the air tank at any time.

I was board one winter so I went to the auto parts store bought one Hi and one low tone horn and a relay,(the stock circuit won't due) installed it in the bow area above the cup holders. Now I have a nice Cadillac sounding horn, HONK ! The stock and the aftermarket horn all work off the OEM dash button.

So its probably there but not working. I'll look into it. Actually boat is getting serviced now so I'll have them check it.

For now, I bought a air horn and stuck it in the glove box.

There is a guy here in town that put a train horn on his lifted truck. The thing is incredibly loud !! You would think a train is rolling by your front lawn if you didn't know better.

If you really install the La cuco racha horn you might not be allowed back on a lot of lakes. BICBW

Trust me, I wouldn't do that to Malibu, my passengers or myself. I just want a normal horn if I need to use it for someone being an idiot on the water.