Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lemon 247

I need some advice. My 2008 247, I ordered it new last year has been a lemon. I live in [ Lewiston, ID] 130 miles from my dealer and am constantly having to take it back over there. Last summer one of the hoses burst and the bilge pump didn't go on and we almost sank. problems with Sat radio[Malibu install], horn, temp sensors, etc. twice it has started smoking in the wiring. Today is the last straw. I was out, the wires under the pass side dash started smoking. the interior lights blew out and the bilge pump quit, I had a ton of water on board. The breaker kept tripping and I barely made it back to the dock before the engine quit. 2 weeks ago I had to limp back in and the dealer said it was a temp sensor. Instead of fixing it, they disconnected it and said they would send it to me in the mail and I could install it!

How do I contact the main offices and register these complaints? I can't find the number or email anywhere. I want them to come get it and take it back and fix it for real or replace it. I never expected to have to keep a fire extinguisher in my hand while I was driving it!

I never figured I would have so many problems with a Malibu. My Toyota Epic never had any problems.

How mahttp://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/style_images/pro/folder_post_icons/icon7.gif Mad.gif ny problems before it becomes a lemon law boat?

I'm pretty sure the lemon law kicks in only if there have been numerous attempts to fix the same problem. It seems like your boat has a different problem each time.

Example...............I just read a story about a guy that went to court and got a full refund on his 225K Lamborghini because they could not eliminate a squeak in the brake pads. Seriously.

With the trips back and forth to the dealer and lost time on the water, I can only imagine your frustration. Still, if you are going to contact Malibu directly, you might want to give your dealer a heads up first. You don't want to burn that bridge. Best of luck!

That sucks that you are having so many issues with your boat. I agree skyskier, I would start with the dealer first, they should be a good advocate for you. Good luck. Hope you aren't soured by your experience.