Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Accessing middle ballast tank

Lance B. Johnson

I have a problem developing in my mid ballast tank. When filling, water is running off of the top of the tank.......in other words the fill fitting is leaking.

So how is the mid ballast accessed to address this problem?

just a hunch but is it accessed by removing the fuel tank and sliding it back, or am I pulling up carpet?

I have a problem developing in my mid ballast tank. When filling, water is running off of the top of the tank.......in other words the fill fitting is leaking.

So how is the mid ballast accessed to address this problem?

just a hunch but is it accessed by removing the fuel tank and sliding it back, or am I pulling up carpet?

Your hunch would be correct.. wierd thing is the fill fitting can be seen rishe at the back of the tank. maybe overflow fitting?

Hmm, Okay it must be the overflow fitting then. What I am certain of is that water is running down the top of the tank. I think I will study it a bit closer while I am on the water twm. Sounds like a winter project to me. :) Doesnt make complete sense....seems like it was running off the top of the tank at all times, not just when the tank is full. Dontknow.gif

I will know more twm.

Edited by ruffdawg

Take a look at the antisipon valve in the fill line it should be in the observers compartment. I craked mine with some gear and water was following the line down to the top of the tank. Dontknow.gif

Take a look at the antisipon valve in the fill line it should be in the observers compartment. I craked mine with some gear and water was following the line down to the top of the tank. Dontknow.gif

sounds better than pulling the fuel tank. Worth a try.

Thanks!

I am having the exact same problem with my '06 VRide!

I recently started to have a large amount of water drain into the bilge when I filled the ballast tank, so I tied up to a dock and began filling and emptying the ballast tank. I discovered that the hoses from the ballast pump to the anti-siphon valve in the passenger compartment and the return to the ballast tank were crossed on top of the ballast tank, compressing the two hoses between the tank and the underside of the floor. On my VRide the area above the tank is barely higher than the diameter of one hose. To make matters worse, anytime someone walked on the floor it applied additional pressure on the two hoses eventually causing a split in the ballast hose. I haven't been able to use the ballast lately because while some water passes through the fill hose into the tank, a majority sprays through the split onto the top of the ballast tank and then anytime the bow rises a wave of water flows off the ballast tank towards the gas tank.

Edited by yabetcha
I am having the exact same problem with my '06 VRide!

I recently started to have a large amount of water drain into the bilge when I filled the ballast tank, so I tied up to a dock and began filling and emptying the ballast tank. I discovered that the hoses from the ballast pump to the anti-siphon valve in the passenger compartment and the return to the ballast tank were crossed on top of the ballast tank, compressing the two hoses between the tank and the underside of the floor. On my VRide the area above the tank is barely higher than the diameter of one hose. To make matters worse, anytime someone walked on the floor it applied additional pressure on the two hoses eventually causing a split in the ballast hose. I haven't been able to use the ballast lately because while some water passes through the fill hose into the tank, a majority sprays through the split onto the top of the ballast tank and then anytime the bow rises a wave of water flows off the ballast tank towards the gas tank.

Ah ha.......I will look for that as well.

Does your front fill as it should? My fill fitting for the front tank was broken and the water that should have been going into the front tank was flowing over the top of the middle tank.

Todd

Does your front fill as it should? My fill fitting for the front tank was broken and the water that should have been going into the front tank was flowing over the top of the middle tank.

Todd

My front ballast is called fly high Biggrin.gif But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Todd

My front ballast is called fly high Biggrin.gif But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Does your middle section of your floor come out. I have a 23lsv and the whole center comes out. There are screws around the outside edge of the compartment.

Todd

Does your middle section of your floor come out. I have a 23lsv and the whole center comes out. There are screws around the outside edge of the compartment.

just around the fuel tank.......thats all.

It is running off the top of the tank whenever I fill. Verified that today. The fill hose must be split or the fitting cracked.