Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Weighting your VLX or Vride

itch

We have been playing with the weighting and have gotton a good weighting but I think it can be better, this is what we have and then you malibu owners tell me what you have so we can compare.

Factory ballast full hard tanks, in the bow 140 each side and 85 in the nose

600 in the walk through and 350 on each side of the engine.

The wake is nice just under knee high and solid as my boys X, with three in the boat its normal width but anymore over 5 and it gets wide. The transition is perfect not to steep and it bucks you it gets a lip only when you have more than five people in it. What do you think?

ITCH

It gets wide because of all of the people in the rear. Try either taking some weight out of the rear to compensate or moving some of the extra people up front. Weight up front will narrow it out & make it rampier. Weight in the back makes it peakier/steeper & wider.

So you have 365 in the front? Then Mls +600 in walk way = about 1000. Then tanks +350 in the rear =1200. with a total of 2165 total. Shocking.gif

I like my wake with full mls, wedge, 4 people and 300lb up front. It has a great wake and a small lip. I'm not that good so I don't need a huge wake. But thats just me.

Actually, I am coming up with a total of 2565 in ballast in your boat with MLS and added sacks. Of that total 965 pounds is in the bow or walkway. Is that about right? I honestly wouldn't know where you could add more weight. Maybe do as Tracie suggested, move some forward. Are you using the wedge as well?

Moved the fat sac from the floor to the bow cross ways makes the lip come closer and makes it really nice to ride at 70. I think after we progress we will ad lengths but not before we become consistant from both heel and toe sides.

Thanks for the help

itch