Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesetter decals falling off of '08

Is this a common problem? It's almost as if Malibu used water soluble glue. The sticker isn't coming off the hull, but the raised outline of the letters and the center "M" is falling off of the stickers on both sides. I've only had the boat about 4 months. I emailed my dealer about a warranty, but he's new to Malibu and didn't have an answer - had to ask Malibu. At $350 per side, I may just take the things off.

Greg

if you take them off, it would be interesting to start a thread with pictures of boats with and then without decals or not naked and then naked.

edit: btw: the decals started to peel on the surf side of my boat, i took pictures, submitted them to the dealer, dealer contacted malibu and malibu warrantied them.

Edited by Cervelo

I have a 06 VLX and had the same problem with two letters falling off within first six months. Called my Dealer no questions asked they replaced them. Thumbup.gif

This may be a dumb question but are you sure when you trailer the boat that the guide rails aren't rubbing the raised stickers off?

it happened to be because we were dropping the trailer in too deep and the guide rails were rubbing the stickers instead of the rub rails.

Now we don't go as deep with the trailer and it works like it supposed too.

This may be a dumb question but are you sure when you trailer the boat that the guide rails aren't rubbing the raised stickers off?

it happened to be because we were dropping the trailer in too deep and the guide rails were rubbing the stickers instead of the rub rails.

I am going to lose all respect here, but my boat stays in the water all summer on mooring whips. It hasn't been on the trailer since I bought it.

Greg

My guide rails on the shorestation took the raised parts off after the first 3 park jobs. I have to admit the parking wasn't great, but it seems ridiculous that every bump takes a letter off. I doubt they will cover that under warranty?

I am going to lose all respect here, but my boat stays in the water all summer on mooring whips. It hasn't been on the trailer since I bought it.

Greg

"LUCKY.............." (in Napoleon Dynamites voice)