Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Drive shaft

OBSki,

I was reading about your broken shaft(s), That is a real tough break! The only good thing - at least you did not loose the prop.

Listed in the Indmar Engine Manual: Daily Pre-start checks, Pg 15, Item 12: Verify engine mounts are tight

Now I know why!

I was looking at the Indmar mounts and it appears that there is a rubber bushing that could possibly be worn that is allowing your engine to vibrate and loosen your mounts.

Is mount #10 type of mount that is used on your boat?

http://marineengineparts.com/shopsite_sc/s...tml/page36.html

I'm not sure off hand which mountings are specifically used, but those look about right.  I spoke with the owner of dealership and he felt they have now taken care of the problem for good.  He felt that there were some problems in how the coupler had been attached and that it was perhaps due to some sloppy checks on repairs they had done.  He related that they have stepped up to the plate and hired good experienced mechanics which costs him more, but can allow him to provide better service.  He also stepped up to the plate again and covered the repairs on my boat.  I have nothing to complain about.  I hope this doesn't happen again, but I certainly feel very well taken care of.  When it comes time to replace the boat I will be heading back to Bridge City to continue dealing with them.

This does help to illustrate just how important having a quality dealer is when you are purchasing a boat like this.  I want a good deal just like the next guy, but I would certainly pay more to keep a good relationship with a quality dealer who will be there to take care of you down the road.

You could replace the bushings as cheep insurance  ~$20

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=53-6005